help winding an auto transformer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="dale116dot7"]One thing that's nice with it is that it doesn't die for ten seconds or so on a puff of air, which I found the U87 circuit does.[/quote]

That is only if there is humidity in that air. The neumann capsules are very sensitive to moisture - specially when they are dirty after some years of use..

Jakob E.

I'm just coming to trying to get my boards into the body I've got and I'm having trouble with space - the main problem is I've got some nice WIMA metallised polyprops on the audio board but the things are a bit big! I'm starting to wonder which caps are important in the signal path? Looking at the schematic this is what I've got:

C101 - silver mica
C103 - polystyrene
C104 - M. polyprop
C105 - silver mica
C106 - M. polyprop
C107 - panasonic (NHG series)
C108 -panasonic (NHG series)
C109 - panasonic (NHG series)
C110 - panasonic
C111 - M.Polyprop
C112 -M.Polyprop
C113 - polyester
C114 - polyester

Main problem is C104 and 111 and 112 - I'm using WIMA's for these and they're really big (especially because they're 160V, I couldn't find a local supplier with anything smaller). I've managed to get C104 (WIMA .47uf) in ok, but these leaves no space to fit the WIMA 0.33uf's in (C111 and C112).

I'm not sure that these caps 111 and 112 are parcitularly critical? Could I use something else, such as metallised polyester, without worrying about effecting sound?

Any other suggestions as to what I've got and where I could change?

I have a feeling that C110 could be replaced with a film type for better quality? I'm not sure I'll fit a 1uf film in though.

tim

Back