Help with a solid-state Pultec

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwk1

Hello,

I have some questions about a build which i am contemplating, but because I am not knowledgeable about audio electronics I thought I would ask here.

I have some neve 2-channel output cards (ba852, also known as ev10852) which provide up to 26db of gain, and I would like to use them as output stages for a G-pultec eq. I have attached a jpeg of the schematic (please note the page join in the centre means things are not quite lined up).

My questions are: is can I just run the signal from the output of the g-pultec filter pcb into the input pin (C30) of the ba852 card, or do I need any additional components in between the two stages? and is the 'input return' (pins A32/C32) on the neve card another term for ground, and thus should be connected to the ground on the filter pcb and thus to the chassis at the input xlr connector? (please excuse my extreme ignorance here).

Also, I have some bbc ll/76msc transformers.  Rodabod described them in another thread 'LL76 - 1:1 turns ratio, used with audio equipment with 600 Ohm input and output terminations for both input and output.  8.6H primary, 60R primary, 60R secondary.' Would they be suitable as input transformers for the g-pultec, with the appropriate loading resistor?

Basically what I would like to do is to make up the following structure:
ll/76msc input transformer ->g-pultec fulter pcbs -> ba852 output section.

As I am not assured with electronics, any advice you could give me about the implementation of this would be much appreciated

Many thanks for your help in this matter.

Josh

Attachments

• ba852coll.jpg
    ba852coll.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 203
HI Josh

I saw you have the schematic of the BA852, i'll like to get this one in better resolution, can you send me a PDF or put it on the Diy gmail account.

Thx
Cyril

Back