Help! With my B&O BM3 Ribbon

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bopmachine

Is there a kind soul anywhere in the UK that would like to take a shot at repairing my BM3 ribbon mic? I have only been able to locate one source in the US who would do it (Sank) but it the VAT on return would make it more expensive than the mic is worth. I'm not opposed to paying the repair cost, but am opposed to paying more VAT on something I already own!

Hey Jose,

I am in US, but you can send it to me and I will declare it as a gift when send it back, so you don't pay VAT. I re-ribbon those with 1.5um foil. Or try to PM Stewart (Zebra50). He is in UK.

[quote author="Marik"]I am in US, but you can send it to me and I will declare it as a gift when send it back, so you don't pay VAT.[/quote]
If the UK is like Denmark, you'll have to pay VAT no matter if it's a gift or not. You will often be asked to supply an invoice for you gift as well...

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I wouldnt reccomend sank at all for a bm3, he did one for me and Im completely unhappy with it, if marik can help you out, look into see if AEA or Enak can do it for you.

dave

Thanx for the responses guys! I will try stewart first as he is in the UK. Clarence (who has done my RCA ribbons) has offered to do it, but again the shippinh, and VAT (both sides!!!) has been a nightmare in the past.

Thanks guys!

Yeah, bring it on! I'll try anything once..... and Rob has already posted instructions on dimemberment so we should be OK!
Check your PM
:thumb:

Back