Hi Everyove

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevonTed

Hi all,

I'm DevonTed, I'm a geek, programmer, Amateur Radio fan (my callsign is M7THY), author and recently getting into a little voice-over work. I am Scots by origin, and therefore frugal (I'm not tight, just wanting value for my pennies). I have an OND in microelectronic engineering, and it seems logical to see if I can build some of my equipment.

Starting with a good-quality Microphone. I'd love something like the Numann TLM 103 (which is superb for my use and suits my rather deep masculine voice) but I cannot justify £600+ to SWMBO so I am here to trawl for information ruthlessly and learning about cloning some of the worlds greatest mics, and to do it even cheaper than buying a per-sourced kit of parts like those at microphoneparts.com it's not that they aren't good kits, they really, but I think I would like to do it even cheaper. (Okay, so perhaps I am cheap)

Anyway, I'm really stoked to have found you all and will be hanging out when possible.

DevonTed

Welcome Ted, I took the RAE back in 1967 but in those days you could only work 2M and shorter without the Morse test and I absolutely sucked at Morse. In those days 144MHz was beyond the constructional capabilities if this 16 year old so I never ended up getting a licence. I think it is much easier these days.

Cheers

Ian

Latest posts

Back