Hip Hop music

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

analag

I love making it anfd I'm far beyond anything I hear. Vibe was never hard to me , now I can achieve the big sound without firing up my tube shit and yes I have the ones one I never released to the world. Can I get back my drink

analag said:
I love making it anfd I'm far beyond anything I hear. Vibe was never hard to me , now I can achieve the big sound without firing up my tube sh*t and yes I have the ones one I never released to the world. Can I get back my drink

Ring up Grandmaster Flash and ask what they used.

Only because it's the brewery. Yeah and hows that going for you! You can have your drink back as soon as that royalty check clears!

ruffrecords said:
Hip-Hop Music - that's an oxymoron right?

Cheers

Ian

No. The laziest sample-based hip hop relies almost entirely on sampled classics. So if that's not music then neither were the classics.

And then there's arguably more advanced programming/sampling. I think you'd be hard pressed not to define Digable Planets or Beastie Boys' "Paul's Boutique" as music.....

mattiasNYC said:
ruffrecords said:
Hip-Hop Music - that's an oxymoron right?

Cheers

Ian

No. The laziest sample-based hip hop relies almost entirely on sampled classics. So if that's not music then neither were the classics.

And then there's arguably more advanced programming/sampling. I think you'd be hard pressed not to define Digable Planets or Beastie Boys' "Paul's Boutique" as music.....

hip hop goes all the way back to Shadows ( the guitar band) ,
where Dj s started to get two copies of same singles,
and looping the "drum beat" section  over and over again... and people at "Disco"  would dance all night long.... it was very hard to find out what singles they(DJ's) were looping from,
as they would cover their singles with a "White Label " :)
then where where hip hop started...

so, not necessarily  based on sampled classics... that came in way later, and still going on !
i personally dont like any famous song hip-hoped.... except couple of genius tracks.... 
but no more than hand full of it...

hip hop's $$$ based recent industry would sample anything to make money...

there was a very good movie "straight outta compton"
its doesnt tell you the whole story about real beginning of hip hop, but, its a 5star movie in anyway, if u wanna get some idea about hiphop...

Ian :
i think you might like the movie.... if u havent seen  it, u should rent it and watch it...
i will refund your rental fee if u dont like the movie :)

Edit: i am not going in to playing double speed and birth of D&B etc...
which is my favorite music... funny enough D&B never made it big in US  ::)

mattiasNYC said:

"Paul's Boutique" is a masterpiece.

kambo said:
so, not necessarily  based on sampled classics... that came in way later, and still going on !

I wrote that very poorly. I was tired. I meant to say that even within the "laziest" versions of hip hop some is based on samples off of classics, and since those classics undeniably were "music", it stands to reason that that hip hop probably is as well.

But I fully agree with what you say.

analag said:
I love making it anfd I'm far beyond anything I hear. Vibe was never hard to me , now I can achieve the big sound without firing up my tube sh*t and yes I have the ones one I never released to the world. Can I get back my drink

I like the way you talk. Doesn't matter whether you've actually done it or if you're just chilling feeling it and about to make another gin-tonic. Either way its good.

imho thumbs down for straight outta compton - i found it just a very dramatized version of the story, although well made

i strongly recommend the documentary about nas - time is illmatic . it gives a perspective on the music, people and culture. the first nas record is going to be in the books of music history, regardless of what your taste is

Latest posts

Back