holy sh*t!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And yet you crow on and on about voter identification, and how paying a fee and filling out forms to get an ID in order to satisfy one's 14th and 15th amendment rights isn't a burden at all, and is necessary to make sure we have "safe and fair elections".
Fair point. I have no problem with zero cost ID for voting. And I'd remind you that we already have Federal law that requires ID, background check, and fee to purchase any firearm at an FFL (dealer, gun shop, etc.). Many states do not regulate private party transfers (firearms gifts, sales, or trades among individual citizens), but Federal law regulates most sales (all new firearms are bought at FFLs). That is not a permit (license) with expiration and there are prohibitions on Federal databases (registration).

That’s what I said. They are for killing people. They serve no other purpose.
Yes. It's why the ownership of firearms is a right. Like it or not.

I’m a good guy so I should have a gun. He’s a bad guy so he shouldn’t. Couldn’t be easier.
Who decides? It's magic thinking at it's best to assert this old stinker.

Which is why the 2A exists and is important. You'd prefer that only the government have weapons?
My personal opinion is that both handguns and high capacity magazine weapons should be banned. I have no problem with hunting. I have no problems with hunting rifles and shotguns.

Yes. It's why the ownership of firearms is a right. Like it or not.

Who decides? It's magic thinking at it's best to assert this old stinker.
That’s the old stinker I hear from gun rights advocates. Same with the mental illness idiocy. Most deaths happen because someone looses their shit and there is a gun nearby. They are neither good nor bad.

My personal opinion is that both handguns and high capacity magazine weapons should be banned. I have no problem with hunting. I have no problems with hunting rifles and shotguns.
The 2A is not about hunting implements. It is about the very real dangers of unfettered power and how to prevent its development or counter it should it occur. History. Read it and weep.

I have a problem with machines and tools that were designed EXCLUSIVELY for destruction, and particularly for the destruction of LIFE...because...well...my kids and my grandkids are all alive and these tools can be used to take that privilege from them.

I place guns in the same category as nuclear weapons, completely unnecessary except in incredibly rare situations and even then they are "overkill" pun intended.

Hunting and sport are different arenas of discussion, but even there its a questionable ride for me...my son in law has a business where he makes custom gun stocks for AR-15/etc...so it's not without conflict that I hold this position.
One of the things that guns do better than almost any other tool is they kill creativity...hell we can't even discuss ending wars or limiting violence without assuming that a gun has to be present in the solution...THATS not even remotely creative.

As humans we've created huge aluminum tubes that transport humans all across the globe, thousands upon thousands a day...basically setting fire to a consumable fuel and hurtling the occupants through the air to arrive safely on another continent and we can't come up with something better than a life ending bullet?

It's like we're not even trying...

I think we can do better.

The 2A is not about hunting implements. It is about the very real dangers of unfettered power and how to prevent its development or counter it should it occur. History. Read it and weep.
I’ve read the 2A many times. I think the current interpretation is completely wrong. Looking at the text and reading about historical context I believe the 2A gives the right to bear arms to anyone in the military. I don’t believe it extends that right to civilians.

That’s the old stinker I hear from gun rights advocates. Same with the mental illness idiocy. Most deaths happen because someone looses their shit and there is a gun nearby. They are neither good nor bad.
Most gun deaths in the US are, sadly, suicides. Of the murders, the majority are gang, drug, or prior offender related (many with felonies that already prohibit legal possession of a firearm). Mental health also is a factor in many shootings. It's a fact that people that have little or no self-control are responsible for an awful lot of problems in society.

The supposition that citizens with their ineffective weaponry currently could fight the government is ludicrous, unless of course the commander-in-chief refuses to call out the troops.
No, it isn't. You apparently have no relatives or close friends in the military. And did you not see how the Soviets and then the US performed in Afghanistan (and the Brits before them)? Vietnam? What happened in Yugoslavia? Study more history.

That’s what I said.
um not even close.
They are for killing people.
self defense is a very practical use, getting more practical every day. ****
They serve no other purpose.
I recall some deep conversations with a captain at Ft Riley when I said I didn't see any need to kill people, in fact I suggested that I could stop a bad actor without killing him/her/whatever. He told me don't kill anybody at Ft Riley, KS.
I’m a good guy so I should have a gun. He’s a bad guy so he shouldn’t. Couldn’t be easier.
How about crazy guys should not have guns..... (red flag laws).

JR

**** I saw a video clip of some dumbass kid pranking a truck owner by pouring water from a gas can onto his truck hood and pretending that he was going to light it. He came scary close to dying laughing ;) . The gun owning truck owner, did not shoot him but it came pretty close.

Most gun deaths in the US are, sadly, suicides. Of the murders, the majority are gang, drug, or prior offender related (many with felonies that already prohibit legal possession of a firearm). Mental health also is a factor in many shootings. It's a fact that people that have little or no self-control are responsible for an awful lot of problems in society.
Sorry to veer but it appears a modest number of miscreants are performing the bulk of violent crimes in blue cities. Some criminals have been arrested hundreds of times since the bail reform laws.

Whatever happened to 3 strikes and you're out?

JR

Sorry to veer but it appears a modest number of miscreants are performing the bulk of violent crimes in blue cities.
Who’s doing it in the three most violent cities in the nation? All red states. St Louis MO, Mobile AL and Birmingham AL? Jackson MS is up there. Chicago isn’t.

Well I see the Texan House did not meet the vote deadline, so it’s dead. I wonder if that was purposeful… Not worth the time of day? Maybe we should take the clue? Instead, there’s a whole lot of round and round around here over semantics and a whole lot of the pot calling the kettle black.

Who’s doing it in the three most violent cities in the nation? All red states. St Louis MO, Mobile AL and Birmingham AL? Jackson MS is up there. Chicago isn’t.
And New Orleans is right up there. All cities run by Democrats for decades. State politics cannot fix everything that municipal politics breaks. Just look at the DAs in these places and how they prosecute (or not) certain crimes.

Back