How gut Windows 11 for audio work

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tubetec

I decided to start a thread dedicated to stripping back a modern pc for basic audio tasks with a DAW,
As the machines were supplied the sheer amount of personal data required to actually log on to windows was stupifying ,email addresses ,home networks etcetc
Hurdle after hurdle your met with , you can always go back but never forward unless the required fields are filled ,
I never trusted computers with a pre-installed OS to begin with , it has to be a format and fresh install ,minus all the bullshit to start off .

As the pre-installed version of Windows 11 stands now it takes up 30gb , with alot of the extras removed ,
Windows 7 can do the same job I want with around 1-3gb , XP can do it with well under 1gb , but hardware support is the issue ,

I came close to braining this machine with infuriation already , turned out Id put a slightly longer length screw in the vicinty of the trackpad which interfered with its usage ,
anyway thats fixed now.
There doesnt appear to be any way of preventing Windows update from happening , the only option is pause updates and it tells me Ive already reached the maximum pause time of one week , what you can do is make sure the machine never sees the internet .
Were really not getting off to a good start here at all are we ? it looks like its a real fight to disable the spyware and even access basic settings that could make a difference to stabillity for audio ,

Latest posts

Back