How is this nec compliant

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny how the big boys are digging their own grave...

Despite having tracking incorporated in the link, neither of these links can find the original item.

I find that infuriating , it seems to be happening more and more nowadays , you get to the site and just get presented with random garbage .

Funny how the big boys are digging their own grave...

Despite having tracking incorporated in the link, neither of these links can find the original item.
Both work fine here. Maybe there's some problem when viewing items meant for US use/sale (120VAC 15A is the standard smallest breaker size on a branch circuit).

IIRC, NEC is only concerned with total load on a circuit, not the number of outlets. However, there are minimum spacing requirements for locations - mostly in residential installations. As a rule of thumb, figure 1.5Va per outlet, so ten on a fifteen amp circuit and about thirteen on a twenty amp circuit. Of course, certain appliances/machinery require specific dedicated circuits.

IIRC, NEC is only concerned with total load on a circuit, not the number of outlets. However, there are minimum spacing requirements for locations - mostly in residential installations. As a rule of thumb, figure 1.5Va per outlet, so ten on a fifteen amp circuit and about thirteen on a twenty amp circuit. Of course, certain appliances/machinery require specific dedicated circuits.
Yes… I think it’s like 9 for 15 amp circuits and 12 for 20 amp. But you can see where I am going with this.
The other concern as you mentioned is current draw and this having what by looks is cord rated for 10 amp.

I don't know about NEC (electrical code writers), but UL will generally test a DUT under extreme load and see if it catches fire, or just harmlessly shuts down.

JR

Both work fine here. Maybe there's some problem when viewing items meant for US use/sale (120VAC 15A is the standard smallest breaker size on a branch circuit).

Probably. Happens a lot. But it's useless (to them) if it errors out on a 404.

Latest posts

Back