How to comparing output of two guitars ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
radardoug said:
So hundreds of guitarists have no problem at all with having guitars that have different output levels. They have a knob on the amp, turn it up or down. Or they invest in complex rigs with switchers and pedals. No problem. But you are different? The one guitarist in the world with this problem?

No he is not, a lot of guitar players have the same problem.
Some will use a boost pedal, others will install a boost circuit inside the guitar like Ksor wants.
Boost circuits inside guitars are quite a common customization guitar players ask, it has been done by world famous musicians and also released stock in guitars from the likes of Fender and Gibson.

Everyone has different needs, and Ksor is asking help in his personal needs, and he has the right to do whatever he wants.
You can decide to help him achieving what he wants or move on.

radardoug said:
Please, go away, fix your problem with a bit of thought, and leave us to our lives. This forum is meant to help people with serious problems.

Radardoug that's Rude, outrageous and uncalled for.
I'm really not disappointed because that's your normal behaviour, you enter a thread with no intentions of helping at all, normally don't even read what has been written and start to attack the OP. 
You don't have a lot of posts, but somehow you found  energy to post in some helping threads I did in the past and do the same thing to my threads, posting rude, absurd and ridiculous comments and ruining the threads discussion.

This is a really supporting and respectful community, I'm a member for 8 years now and I have to tell you that you are the rudest and most unsupportive member that I ever found in Group DIY.
Unfortunately you clearly never read the "Group DIY Rules", but I will a post here point 4:

"4. You will find that the members of this community are incredibly courteous and respectful of each other, so please reciprocate those gestures. Leave the Flame-war mentality at another forum.  Personal attacks as well as general hateful comments (regarding race, religion, gender, sex, etc...) will not be tolerated."

I really don't know why you are that way and I'm sad you are a member here.
I don't know you personally, so I don't know how knowledgeable you are or not, but if you are you can just start to use that and help people instead of trying to trash a question or a personal need. If you don't have anything positive to bring to a thread or if you don't like the discussion you don't have to post there at all, no one asked you personally

It's not  Ksor that that needs to fix his "problem with a bit of thought, and leave us to our lives", it's actually you that need to Fix your attitude with a bit of though and leave Ksor to live his life.

____________________________________________________________________________________

ksor said:
Ha, ha, .... nearly regret the "Thx" ;-((

Ksor, a good luthier can even put a boost circuit in your Lucille in a completely reversible way in case you are afraid of future re-sale value or if you decide you don't want the circuits any longer.  A switch and a Pot can come out from the F-holes, so no harm is done to the guitar if it's installed properly.
This is just one of the many reasons I told you to take the info you collected here and take it to a Luthier, I'm really really giving you an honest and good advise.

Also a good and experienced electric guitar Luthier already installed boosters and FX circuits in other guitars in the past so he might give you some better ideas on how to achieve your needs.

ksor said:
The guitar already HAVE a stereo output - but USELESS I think = one pickup in each channel ... what's the idea here ??????

That's not a terrible idea, on pickup goes to one amp, the other pickup goes to another amp.
You can adjust the dials of each amp independently, one amp goes to the Left side of the PA the other amp goes to the right side.
Depending on the way used and how the sound is dialled it can be nice tonewise.

ksor said:
Yeah, I've seen that trem schematic somewhere and I asked for some who had experience with it - no answer back then, but do you have it working ?

I never did that tremolo, but it was posted in general guitar gadgets and thats a pretty nice website for diy  guitar fx.
It's simple enough built it yourself in veroboard and tested outside the guitar to see if you like it, and tell us your thoughs.

ksor said:
IF SO - does it add any gain to the signal - maybe it could compensate for the less output of the Epiphone so no "Booster" is needed ?

The tremolo is not designed to give you boost why try to change it to do something it wasn't designed for when  the Mosfet booster is such a simple circuit, will provide you the boost you need and also a buffered output?

Whoops said:
No he is not, a lot of guitar players have the same problem.
Some will use a boost pedal, others will install a boost circuit inside the guitar like Ksor wants.
Boost circuits inside guitars are quite a common customization guitar players ask, it has been done by world famous musicians and also released stock in guitars from the likes of Fender and Gibson.

Everyone has different needs, and Ksor is asking help in his personal needs, and he has the right to do whatever he wants.
You can decide to help him achieving what he wants or move on.

Radardoug that's Rude, outrageous and uncalled for.
I'm really not disappointed because that's your normal behaviour, you enter a thread with no intentions of helping at all, normally don't even read what has been written and start to attack the OP. 
You don't have a lot of posts, but somehow you found  energy to post in some helping threads I did in the past and do the same thing to my threads, posting rude, absurd and ridiculous comments and ruining the threads discussion.

This is a really supporting and respectful community, I'm a member for 8 years now and I have to tell you that you are the rudest and most unsupportive member that I ever found in Group DIY.
Unfortunately you clearly never read the "Group DIY Rules", but I will a post here point 4:

"4. You will find that the members of this community are incredibly courteous and respectful of each other, so please reciprocate those gestures. Leave the Flame-war mentality at another forum.  Personal attacks as well as general hateful comments (regarding race, religion, gender, sex, etc...) will not be tolerated."

I really don't know why you are that way and I'm sad you are a member here.
I don't know you personally, so I don't know how knowledgeable you are or not, but if you are you can just start to use that and help people instead of trying to trash a question or a personal need. If you don't have anything positive to bring to a thread or if you don't like the discussion you don't have to post there at all, no one asked you personally

It's not  Ksor that that needs to fix his "problem with a bit of thought, and leave us to our lives", it's actually you that need to Fix your attitude with a bit of though and leave Ksor to live his life.

____________________________________________________________________________________
Wow, thanks for that vote of confidence! Actually, I do help a lot of people, you obviously haven't seen those threads.
Have you any idea how many people play guitar in the world? If lots of them had problems, they would be on the forums.
Several of us have given Ksor suggestions, I'm pretty sure he has ignored them all.

measure the DCR of the pickups, Epiphone tends to use overwound pickups that some times measure as high as 15 K instead of 8 K which is what you want,

swap the bridge pickup in the epiphone  and you get better tone and the guitars will match.

why would more turns (15K)  not have bigger output? law of diminishing returns, DCR starts to eat signal and hi end,

or build a simple winder and roll your own,

wow , have not seen conflict on the forum in a quite some time, wtf?
reminds me of the good ol days over at Record.org,  ;D ;D ;D ;D   

who is the best pickup winder of all time? that would be the Queen of Tone, everybody from Buddy Holly to Hnedrix, they traced those pickups back to her, just the right tension, right amount of overlaps, see here>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8M2a1yUmvEQ

radardoug said:
Wow, thanks for that vote of confidence! Actually, I do help a lot of people, you obviously haven't seen those threads.

I actually went on and read your posts to check your consistency in rudeness.
You're the only member at Groupdiy where words like "Idiot, Sh*t and stupid" are commonly used.
Also writing wrong statements and misinformation that have to be quickly corrected by other members, it's common trait.

radardoug said:
Several of us have given Ksor suggestions, I'm pretty sure he has ignored them all.

You didn't give any suggestions at all, and the only thing that needs to be ignored it's your post.
I will sure ignore them completely in the future.

love and tolerance of others, that is our code,

besides, you can rip each other a new one in the privacy of your very own PM box, we make that possible,  ;D

if the PM box does not let you use words like f**k you or  eat sh*t,  then you just exchange phone numbers and call each other if you have the cajones,  ;D

the PM box might let you say" kiss my ass" or "go to hell"  without the spell check,  ;D ;D ;D

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ??? ???

I'm not at all sure what I did to trigger this dog fight ...

I'll just withdraw and look into making that Stereo Trem for test.

;D ;D

ksor said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: ??? ??? ??? ???

I'm not at all sure what I did to trigger this dog fight ...

I'll just withdraw and look into making that Stereo Trem for test.

;D ;D
ksor you do not need to do anything different.

Personal problems are best dealt with in PMs.

Radardoug and Whoops, please lighten up, and get back to DIY with less personal criticism. This forum is about stuff, not about people.

JR

Back