How's it goin' eh?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neowalla

Hey everybody. I'm Mark. I'm from Windsor Ontario and just got into this microphone building thing though I've been building electronic kits since I was about 10 years old. My dad had an electronics repair shop and also taught high school electronics so I was kind of born to be a technician. In September I built the S87 kit from Microphone Parts and the bug bit me and I seem to be becoming obsessed with building microphones now, God help me.
My interest in audio recording really started around 9 years of age when my father bought me a cassette recorder. From there an 8-track cartridge recorder, then an open reel deck. In 6th grade I got the White Album and when I heard Revolution 9 it was like an epiphany. I wanted to be a recording engineer. I went to the Recording Institute of Detroit and ended up working on a couple small film projects and worked as a live sound engineer for a few years. I left the audio world for IT at the end of the 90's for a more steady (albeit much less satisfying) career. I also have been producing my own audio books since the 90's. I build guitars, am trying to learn CAD/CAM so I can be more effective with my CNC. I feel the need to build a C12 or ElaM251 clone right now so I discovered this group and have begun perusing the threads. I'll probably start on guitar amps before too long too...

Latest posts

Back