Huge sale in Los Angeles (Groove Tubes) 11/6 - 11/8

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I'd love some knobs, tubes, mic bodies, mic PSU chassis, compressors... holy cow. Anyone who wants to help me out, please get in touch.

We should move to the BM... no pun...

And this one perhaps, the speaker-sim ? A chassis, even fully empty would be nice!

Groove%20Tubes_SEII.jpg.jpg

Same for this one :cool:
AAAAAg8SAEUAAAAAAESDmw.jpg

yeah can't imagine Aspen would be giving it away
that's not how you get rich
[ he once emailed me weeks later about tubes i had on ebay
, hoping to get them cheap ? and never responded one he knew they
were gone ]

I could use almost any of that stuff , cases , parts
i'd say anyone should scoop as much as possible if the price is good
and have no problem turning them over here at the least .

Good luck & let us know [ have cash waiting , ha !
[ reminds me of waiting in line at the opening of Ham meets ]

Did anyone go today? There was so much stuff it was overwhelming really. Tubes for as far as the eye could see, tons of speakers, a trillion other random things; empty cabs/heads, testers, checkers, tube amps of all kinds, it was just nuts.

I picked up a vintage Gibson 1x12 amp and a Music Man Head both in decent condition. 10 of these really sweet vertical meters, I'll have to get some photos, and a bunch of other little random things. All the knobs were basically gone by the time I got there.

Anyone else?

Aspen is one of the most upstanding personas in audio...I'm thankful to have met him and to have spent some time with him and his projects. This is a voluntary sale? I hope that he's just moving on to something else, and that there is no financial trouble involved.

I was there, as were an amazing array of goodies.

I was able to get all the parts for an MD1B with power supply, and picked up a GT55 with some minor trouble- I had it up and running in less then 30 minutes.

Box after box of tubes-- I'll be back there with my tube list.

I was informed that on Friday everything will be 25% off the already super low prices, and Saturday, 50% off.

I could use a mic power supply, preferably the old style with rectangular connector. PM me if anyone is willing to pick up an extra. Wouldn't mind getting some of those 1/2 rack EQ's & Compressors too.

wow. i wish i could go check that out.

i don't know if it's to anyone elses tastes, but the groove tubes MP1 preamp (i think thats the model designation) is pretty excellent and seemingly under appreciated. would be a good piece to look for.

[quote author="jcharles00"]
i don't know if it's to anyone elses tastes, but the groove tubes MP1 preamp (i think thats the model designation) is pretty excellent and seemingly under appreciated. would be a good piece to look for.[/quote]

Yes, warm and tubey. Not for every occasion of course, but nice for certain things like bass DI. I wouldn't mind getting another.

The tube DI that looks like a MD1 without the head shell is supposed to be killer too.

Just returned from the sale ,

This was a epic event for me.

Many treasures were had at insanely cheap prices. Many Vintage Items

LOADS OF TUBES, VU Meters, mic parts, preamp parts,

It was like a Supermarket of audio stuff, blue light specials on every aisle.

Aspen Pittman is one of the most generous, knowledgable and friendliest persons I have ever met and really genuinely a funny person too.

His big tube amp book is excellent !!!

I was floored at the good deals and variety, it was everything I had hoped for and more rolled up in two days thurs, Fri.

I'll never forget it !!! Remided me of shopping for stuff back in the time before Ebay raised the price of all these audio related items.

This was truly an unforgetable event for the avid DIY'er.

I am going to start a thread on the GT microphones in the Drawing board. I picked up a bunch of parts to build my own and reverse engineer the design. I also found out about the transformers etc.

-ChuckD

Back