Inductance of Edcor PC-type trafo's (like PC10k/600)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintrubber

(Originally posted this in the Pultec L-measuring thread but this will be a better place:)

Does anyone happen to have those Edcor PC-type trafo's and knows what the prim.-inductance is ?

I'm looking for two ~2.45H inductors and since joining the Edcor-grouporder anyway I wanted to use the prim. of a Edcor PC-10k:600 (sec. winding not-connected).

http://www.edcorusa.com/transformers/audio/pc/pc10k-600.htm

But since I don't have these trannies yet I don't know yet if these are close enough in value. Or if a reltaed type would suit the required values better.

I've asked Edcor themselves but stll haven't heard anything yet.

Oh, yes, the use of those inductors is for the nice pickup-sim circuit of Jack Orman: http://www.muzique.com/lab/pickups.htm So since a cap in this circuit could be trimmed the 2.45H need not be exact, but it'd be nice to know it's the same order of magnitude.

Thanks,

Peter

Don't expect an answer from Edcor anytime soon. I've been happy with their transformers, and I certainly love their prices, but I've found them not very responsive to queries.

I have some WSM10K/600 that I could measure for you, but as the construction is different from the PC model, I don't know if the data would be at all useful.

Why not just use a little audio transformer from Mouser as suggested in the original article? Using the Edcor would be overkill, really.

Thanks Dave,

Don't expect an answer from Edcor anytime soon. I've been happy with their transformers, and I certainly love their prices, but I've found them not very responsive to queries.

You're right, Edcor is not very responsive. Too bad this is a general behaviour of them. OK, I won't hold my breath.

Why not just use a little audio transformer from Mouser as suggested in the original article? Using the Edcor would be overkill, really.

Using the Edcor i.s.o. the one or two dollar Mouser was given in by me joing the Edcor-grouporder of Tony dB. So I figured that for a few $$ more it'd be less hassle, since I haven't ordered anything Mouser yet and was getting some Edcors anyway.

I have some WSM10K/600 that I could measure for you, but as the construction is different from the PC model, I don't know if the data would be at all useful.

Thanks, appreciating the offer - but you're right, it'd be less useful (I won't be spending a WSM-type for a Mouser-repl. :wink: ). I'll be getting a few WSM-types with mentioned grouporder, will do some L-measuring.

Thanks,

Peter

i thought that Edcor was the cheapest, giving a overdecent quality even when not taking the price into count. If another, especially smaller, trafo would be apropriate, i wouldn't mind ordering a good amount of those either.

Cheers,

Tony (dB)

Hi,

The TX I'm looking for is from Mouser, but must say I did not check how to obtain that one since I figured it'd be a lot of overhead for just a few simple transformers. So thought about going for the cheapest Edcor.

If another, especially smaller, trafo would be apropriate, i wouldn't mind ordering a good amount of those either.

The Mouser is 42TM019 (or 42TL019 - a smaller transformer with similar response) and I thought these are one to two USD each.

I could use 2 to 4, and I guess your requirements are alike - so i don't know if that would justify a Mouser-order.

Bye,

Peter

Hi,

Ah, I see ! Well, then yes, me a few of those Mousers and skipping the PC-types of the Edcor-order - if still possible of course. I'll PM you this evening to discuss further.

Bye / proost / sante / 't amuzement,

Peter

Back