Pultec - Knobs - Lundahl - Edcor - Shielding - Inductors - Trafos - Panels

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its been several months and I have not received my toroid transformer and now you are not returning my emails.  An update would be nice.  ChrisP :(

I would like to purchase 4x LL5402 among other things, will these be in stock anytime soon, waiting on these to make my order...

Just got the toroid transformer, works great, perfect fit and makes my MILA finished!  Sorry for bothering you about time.  This is a must for anyone building a MILA or any 2 bottle mic pre with phantom power.  ChrisP

Hi Guys,
there were shipping-problems on some packages to USA in the past two month because of troubles with the post office and the label printings on the packages. I could fix it now with a new label printer. Europe shippings were not affected.

EUROPE shipping does take 7-14Days usually
Worldwide shipping does take 1-3 weeks.

Check out the new products on the store, from 03/22 there will be additional Lundahl trafos and some other nice products, toggle switch and knobs.

@Chris
Sorry again for the delay but i am happy to hear that everything turn out fine now :)

Have a nice day
"who"

do those neve style knobs have a set screw; appears they are press-on to a splined shaft...

best regards

Hi Shabtek,
no they do not have a set of screw, quiet normal plastic knobs to stick or glue. But i plan to produce them with brass insert and screws in the future if i find a way to stay in the ok price range. This knob is a cheap version to get a similar look within diy gear. And it looks great.
Set of screw, brass insert and g-p phenolic instead of plastic would be way more quality but would cost way more that i need to calculate hard if it really makes sense to produce and sell them.

- "who" -

You all know these plastic IEC connectors that do not feel good but i have found a company in Germany that produces IEC connectors in a very high quality and bakelite material.
I only bought 10 of these to check if there is an interest. I used them for Hypex amps. Here is the link: http://www.don-audio.com/IEC-Connector-with-ON-OFF-switch-1-Pole

- Who -

who said:

Finished EQP-1 Stereo with electronic sheet -95db Noisefloor on both channels. Without sheet i had -78db hum on the right channel that was nearer to the toroid.

Where can I find that build ?

I'd be interested in all the stuff that goes with the build to bee seen on the pictures you've posted.

You can find more infos regarding this build searching for hotbaby pultec: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=32973.0
We spend a lot of time to the grounding to minimize the noise floor and made some custom parts like the two layer grain oriented steel after testing many different materials, to get rid of the toroid hum. You will find those shielding sheets and the custom trafo for this dual pultec project in our online shop www.don-audio.com.

The power pcb was the original G-Pultec one and the filter board was an enhanced board designed by Frank NRG to allow RM8 and EF inductors and enhanced frequencys. Gustav also made the enhanced filter boards one time ago. It is a very simple design – Usually u can rebuild it easily on a standard perforated plate. The pro if you do so, you can use any wima leg spacing size  Otherwise I have some selfmade filter boards left over.

Take care which case and panel you use. The one u can see on the pics was way too thin for the weight of the unit. We are working on a dual design this year so if you are interested in more infos just give me a mail  ;)

"Who"

good news guys,  :) :)
the dual la2a panel and a very very good looking white edition is on the production list. If you are interested in one or more dual la2a panels, please do a pre-order within your qty and panel type. More informations on the first page.
Don

So the plan is to do both the white and the grey once you have 10 orders? Or white when you get 10 orders of white and grey when you get 10 orders of grey?
Did originals ever have white? It seems most are grey or brushed aluminum. Just curious.

min orders are less then 10 because I can stock some panels and i m going to advance money on loan to get this running  :)
Depending on interests i will produce a mix of both surfaces... maybe 10 grey and 10 white or 5 grey and 5 white editions - really depends on interests here.

Yes, the original La2a is grey anodized aluminum but who wants the original after seeing one of the white Panels  ;D
The white proto panel was just an experiment which turned out as great looking edition for this design. On the detail pic you can see, it has a very light touch of cream/beige in it with a nice gloss. Looks pretty cool in real - for my taste better than the original grey anodized version...

best
Don "who"

Back