Irish government under fire again from civil liberties organisations

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the more disturbing aspects of these new laws is that a person suspected of having covid may be arbitrairily imprisoned or otherwise locked up for two weeks on the say so of a 'medical officer' before even a positive PCR test is required by the state .
Are you talking about mandatory qurantine for people who come from abroad withoiut a Covid test? Or somethine else?

Hi Rob ,
No this has nothing to do with travel in or out of the country . It applies to everyone .

So two privacy related items back in the news today that deserve reference ,

First the case of a man convicted of the brutal murder of a vulnerable woman because the Gardai(Irish Police force) were able to access phone records from service providers without a proper legal framework , Graham Dwyers guilt isnt in any question whatsoever , what is under question in the European court of human rights in Luxembourg is the legitimacy of the way the evidence was gathered and used , I couldnt see this happening in the states , high powered lawyers would have had it declared a mistrial , as usual in little old Ireland both Attorney general /judiciary and the cops have circled the wagons and dug their heels in ,it may well take 6 months or a year before ECHR make their pronouncement , but its very unlikely to come down in favour of the forces of law and order .

The other story in the headlines here relates to our second in command politically Tainiste Leo Varadkar , last week he was pictured/ posted online at a music festival in the UK picking his nose :) , music festivals of that order havent been cleared here in Ireland yet , so it all looked a bit disingenuous to the musicians and crew here in Ireland who hadnt got their jobs back , then his gay lover waded into the fray calling foul over online/cyber bullying via the usual online platforms , irony is Leo himself opened the backdoor to the likes of FB&TW , courted them and gave them 'light touch' self regulation to do as they please , you made this shit cake yourself Mr Varadkar , now your going to have to eat it before it eats you . He nearly hung his Minister for Foreign affairs (my next door neighbour) out to dry too over the bungled appointment of Catherine Zappone to the UN , again the cruel irony was that if deleted text messages resurfaced he would have been sunk politically for good . It just flagged up the double standard here , if your a cold cruel sadistic murderer we have access to metadata, text and gps locational data for the purposes of your prosecution ,where the people in power aren't subject to the same intrusion of privacy in cases of malfeasance ,

Banana republic ,
septic Isle ,
Screaming in the Suffering sea
It sounds like crying
Everywhere I go
Everywhere I see
The black and blue uniforms
Police and priests

And I wonder do you wonder
While you're sleeping with your whore
That sharing beds with history
Is like a-licking running sores