Is it cold enough for 'ya (USA)?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JohnRoberts said:
If I was going to reply in kind, I'd suggest a "Gov Cuomo Cruise" where the old people get mixed in with covid positive passengers, and buried at sea. 

I guess you guys are answering my question about whether this is a left leaning echo chamber.

JR

PS; My apologies for my bad partisan humor that I am pretty sure you guys won't appreciate.
Maybe an interesting comment but no longer a joke , since the humor of the Cruz joke is the pun.

JohnRoberts said:
The fragility of TX electrical supply raises many questions, as usual life gives us the test first, and answers only later.

Life gave Texas the test in 2011; apparently Texas went to a kegger instead of studying for the makeup exam they just failed in an extravagant fashion.

I thought the joke was more on the side of amusing than partisan. The kind of thing someone like Conan would say, it's a joke about a public figure doing a questionable thing.

P. S.  Yes Cuomo's actions are terrible and he should be removed from office, maybe more.  But that is also better discussed elsewhere in a more relevant thread.

john12ax7 said:
I thought the joke was more on the side of amusing than partisan. The kind of thing someone like Conan would say, .
Or Carson--he didn't hesitate to target whoever did something that would make a good joke--regardless of party.  And of course he would have targeted Cruz, because what Cruz did was stupid--something people should be able to recognize regardless of party affiliation.  And defending him because of party affiliation seems to me more disconcerting than making the joke in the first place. 

See I told you partisan humor wasn't equally appreciated by both political persuasions.

Politicians doing stupid stuff is pretty much par for the course. 

===

The unregulated electricity market in TX generally delivers lower prices until the shxx hits the fan. The deep freeze caused market prices for electricity to spike. On Friday, days after the worst of the shortages, the EPA granted an emergency fuel waiver (to allow use of higher emissions diesel). The wholesale price of electricity dropped from $9k/MW in the morning to $15 around lunchtime.

It is easy to second guess TX's private utilities. Storms like this are rare, but only idiots would not learn from this event.

JR

JohnRoberts said:
Storms like this are rare, but only idiots would not learn from this event.

JR

Wasn't that the point I was getting to upstream?  They had a less intense version of this in 2011 and learned nothing from it.  Maybe these idiots (just following the logic here) need someone to insist that they learn from this event, whether they want to or not. 

Latest posts

Back