I've just won my second Latin Grammy award....And my new room is alive !

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvas

Just wanted to share the good news with you guys. This place has been indispensable on achieving both my room and my award. Check it out :

www.camilosilvaf.com/studio.php

Mostly DIY gear....and almost all non-diy gear is modded to some extent. Notable pieces are Igor's CRM, Dressed for the occasion, PM670, DAOC, DLA2A, GSSL, mnats 1176...and the Ecoplate i fixed thanks to the manual on our technical documents section.

I've used many of my DIY gear on the Carlos Vives album, who won 3 awards last night...and one of them is for me too.

Big THANKS to all of you !

Congrats  camilo ;)
I noticed you own an aurora 16. Do you happen to use them for mastering or mixing only ? ( I've been offered one and its really tempting since it has lots of I/O my mytek doesn't have...still I was wondering if it was mastering grade...)

Thanks guys !

AErige said:
Congrats  camilo ;)
I noticed you own an aurora 16. Do you happen to use them for mastering or mixing only ? ( I've been offered one and its really tempting since it has lots of I/O my mytek doesn't have...still I was wondering if it was mastering grade...)

The Aurora16 sounds good enough to me. I use it for analog inserts on Protools and for feeding both summing mixers. I have a 2CH D/A for monitor duties (the cards are made by ross martin and i totally recommend them)

3nity said:
Felicidades amigo, por un momento pense que era por Alex Campos!
Felicidades y mas exitos amigo!

Thanks !
The Alex Campos record was done by one of my closest friends ! We're extremely happy with the outcome.

12afael said:
congratulations! you don't want to mix some latin Heavy metal??? I want a grammy...  ;D

Of course i want to, Rafa ! Un hombre nunca tiene suficientes gramofonos ! Best regards.

Congrats Silvas!  Great Accomplishment.  Your room looks stellar. DIY, Modifications and Talent is how people like Doug Sax and other greats accomplished their legacy.  Congrats Amigo.

Fantastico! (my keyboard can't make the upside-down exclamation point  ...damn!)

Beautiful room, too!

Congratulations, and keep us posted!

Latest posts

Back