JST VHR connectors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I have a Meanwell RPS-400 series SMPS which requires a 3 pin 3.96mm pitch JST connector from the VHR series. I think a HVR -3N will do or maybe an HVR-3M (not sure of the difference). Plus I also would need contacts for it. I managed to find some VHR-3N at Rapid but they don't seem to have the contacts. At Farnell the body is on back order for something like 228 days and I can't find if they stock the contacts.

Right now I just need one connector and its contacts but I will eventually need 3 sets. Anyone got any or know where I can get them?

Cheers

Ian

Have you tried Molex?
The Meanwell datasheet says JST or equivalent so I did wonder if there was a compatible Molex but how to work out which one? I know the pitch is 3.96 and there are plenty of Molex ones of that pitch. But I don't know if a Molex will fit the pins of the JST. I have some 0.2 inch pitch Molex connectors so I cut a 2 way Molex in half. dodgy connection.fitted its pin and tried in the the Meanwell. It seemed to fit but I am not sure if it will be secure enough or how good is the contact. The is the mains input to the SMPS so I cannot really afford a dodgy connection.

Cheers

Ian

Yes, as I said, I can find the housings but not the contacts that fit in them. Need both really. If you come across any contacts for them please let me know.

Cheers

Ian
Understood. I was going to see if they had contacts but had to go and sort something at work so thought I'd post that link as a possible pointer. Do you have a part or catalogue number for the contacts. I have a few local contacts wrt wiring assemblies etc. so might be able to ask if they have any to hand.

Try CPC.
Alternatively, I've got a bunch here that won't ever get used, send me a message if you want some.

Back