Junk or useful

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

Had a friend drop this off at the studio even though the device has nothing to do with audio. He knows i tinker with stuff and no one has budged to buy it on ebay so he left it in my live room… more junk!
Just wanted to know if anyone can spot anything useful in here or is this just going in the recycle bin?

Attachments

• IMG_6134.jpeg
    IMG_6134.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 2
  • IMG_6136.jpeg
    IMG_6136.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 2
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
Make it into a tube preamp chassis. Check b+ voltage. Repurpose meter movement. Find pre circuit. Add mic input TR and OT TR. and 300 hrs of WTF am I doing and wind up with a preamp. 🤪
Signed - hopelessly addicted to room heaters

What is the octal tube. The big glass one? Looks like a number of 7pin tubes and one 9 pin. I have a tube chassis similar with a big meter for PH testing I think and uses some 6j7 tube and others. Thinking of an RCA type pre. I have some UTC O16 mic in Tr and getting an edcore OT so it’s a hybrid. Now if I could get of my arse and make some progress. Good luck. It could be a dual pre with NYD 1 bottle design pre or use Ian’s PCB tube pre cards. Just a few thoughts. Those old RCA pres Have a great sound but there hard sourcing parts. In the end you have kind of a rat rod look using old chassis but I dig that look in 2023. It comes down to the sound and the linearly it has when recording. I have a stereo tube tec compressor that’s cool but on vocals I love using my 3A opto. A 2A would be great also but preamps are what I’m after.

I think the dope handle-case alone deems it worthy to sit in the live room for a time before ecycling. A piece needs time to inspire an upcycling purpose.
Someone on the Drawing Board wants to dampen their spring reverb- a possible match made in heaven?
Mike

Maybe turn the thing into a regulated PSU , those OB2 tubes are gas regulators , the big balloon tube is most likely a rectifier , EL95 is a power pentode .

Latest posts

Back