keep on knocking but you can't come in

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PRR said:
My grandfather replaced a piston on the side of the road, topped-off the oil with water from a creek, and got home.

That's awesome.
I used to build go carts when I was young, Even replaced an engine in a Kawasaki GPZ 550. But replacing a piston on the side of the road is next level.
I asked my 18year old to replace the license plate light on the car I'm letting him drive, and he looked at me like I was insane.

Times they are a changing

My grandfather was not a handy man.

Cars were simpler then, and you had to know something those days.

PRR said:
Like keeping your thumb on the same side of the starter crank handle as the rest of your fingers, so if she kicked back, you wouldn't sprain your thumb?

Learned that from my dad, who probably walked to school with your dad. Five miles uphill, both ways.
;-)

Gene

Gene Pink said:
PRR said:
Like keeping your thumb on the same side of the starter crank handle as the rest of your fingers, so if she kicked back, you wouldn't sprain your thumb?

Learned that from my dad, who probably walked to school with your dad. Five miles uphill, both ways.
;-)

Gene

My right knee is trashed from my motorcycle kick-starter kicking back on me one time back in the 80's. I was down for a few days back then but it took another few decades of jogging and basketball to consume what was left of my cartilage and turn that one knee arthritic.

JR

Latest posts

Back