kinda funny

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the third person thing is pretty wacked... kind of like "jimmy" in the seinfeld episode... you know... jimmy who wore those messed up basketball shoes that allowed him to jump higher...

funniest damn episode... they thought kramar was "mentaly challenged"

It's sad.
There has to be some serious mental issues with that guy.
He tried to convince us that the new place rocked, even though it sucked.
Constant positive reinforcement.
Over and over.
Even though we kept telling him otherwise.
I think he was trying to convince himself!
Seemed phony baloney to me if you know what I mean.
Kind of like listening to "Everything is Beautiful" while watching the Charlie Manson" story on TV at the same time.

Oh well. It's the end of an era.
I bet he comes to his senses and apologizes and tries to get us back.
Fat chance!

se ya,
cj

I've had about all I can take from this. You want everything for nothing and now you take from RO, the very had that feed you and now try and set-up a new forum with our content. It makes me wonder if this is what this group does with designers hard work too. Gathering material and concepts from other peoples hard labor and then remaking it in the name of DIY.

That hurt.

That's the point where I switched off and went out for a walk...

There were more serious designers and innovators on TT than anywhere I've ever been.

I hate confrontation- I love DIY!

:D

Mark

[quote author="Plexibreath"]I just can't wrap my mind around how this guy thinks that all this idea development that a wide variety of great minds have poured into this forum, that somehow all that belongs to him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's his intelectual property!!!

John Kelley Brown[/quote]

What a nut job. So I guess that means any music that was posted to rec.org is now his too?? Right. The guy doesn't have a fricking clue. He doesn't have a lick of law to stand on. The recording industry can't even win on this, and they have a gajillion lawyers on payroll. How in the hell does he think he's going to win?!?!

Damned "assclowns" always ruining everything...

Seriously, I really think that he needs to seek help. No joke. He's either a major ego-maniac, or he's just totally lost it.

Quote:
I've had about all I can take from this. You want everything for nothing and now you take from RO, the very had that feed you and now try and set-up a new forum with our content. It makes me wonder if this is what this group does with designers hard work too. Gathering material and concepts from other peoples hard labor and then remaking it in the name of DIY.

That hurt.

That's the point where I switched off and went out for a walk...

I'm with you. He said some pretty assanine things to people he doesn't even know. Not very suave to say the least...

lol

mebbe time for a lead free solder mix for the man chis there...

btw, this stink he's kickin up bout all 'his' data bein pinched from TT and blah blah blah...surely it's the person who posted whatever own intellectual property. With the data protection act u can demand all what u posted personally back...no?

"scenaria, CJ and sum are the people behind what took place today. Time will tell if they actually took data from RO. To me, this was a very bad thing to do and their conduct on the forum was totally unacceptable. There lack of respect for © intellectual property is IMO a unforgivable
"

what the hell!! all I did was do a web archive of about 50 meg worth of pages... mostly the popular threads...

certainly no hacking was going on..I dont think he knows what hacking is :/ mental note: send Bigflea a dictionary

sorry for contributing to the bringing down of the forum... FFS!

I am strictly a hardware guy.
But all my neighbors and even the dog down the street are software eigineers!
(my sister, my brother in law, my dead Uncle Albert!)

If you want me to take a lie detector test , I will!

cj

And oh yeah, we have a permanent lawyer here at work.
You have to nowdays if you go into bussiness.
His specialty is Copywrights and Bussiness law.
But the "My dad can beat up your dad thing is so childish!"

Please give me a break!

Scenaria, Cjenrick,

Are you actually saying that we might have possible access to backups of the more important threads somewhere?

Whoa! That would be the best news for a long time!

:shock:

Jakob E.

OK, I just notified another 50 regulars and lurkers!

Jeez, email city!
For once I got more real mail than spam!

I didn't realize how many lurkers there are!
You guys should register!
Come on down! :grin:

Isnt there in fact some kind of song critique forum on RO ?
http://www.recording.org/forum25.html
Does he own the content of that forum too ?

Gustav

[quote author="Scenaria"]lmao

Scenario, ... you better pay attention. You are copying , printing posts from a protected forum...

muahahaha

members:

you are hereby allowed to copy, print , republish etc my posts from here to any other forum...

*gg*

Jürgen

jakob,

I think lot´s of people have backup pieces from the forum. I will post mine in the specific threads. If we all do this we will have back our "old" forum in about a few hours...

cheers
Jürgen

Haha! Yes, I like that.

-----

To all members of Tech Talk:

You are allowed to copy, repost, and archive any and all posts I, Darren Landrum, aka Consul, have ever made any Internet forum, including web-based forums and Usenet user groups.

-----

Not that most of my posts were worth saving, but what the hey.

So with this logic any bar or restaurant owner can record conversations that goes between their patrons and copyright them? These people are making me MAD.
I am a member of a few community boards like this one. One of those boards actually offer you a free software that enables you to download and back up all the threads you have submitted, in case of a loss.

I never said a word about any of the personalities involved with this blowout other than to thank our new hosts. What a shock when I tried to take a peek at RO:

Critical Information

You have been banned from this forum.
Please contact the webmaster or board administrator for more information.

For what? Staying out of the mud slinging?

Looks like the entire forum is closed to non-members now. All this deleting posts, changing permissions etc must be taking up a lot of time and effort. Not that I care.

Yes, I just got that message also.. no idea why at all. It dosen't seem to make sense..

On what grounds were we banned? is just posting in TT enough to be banned? Or joining a competing discussion group?

I tried hard to be diplomatic - following our moderator's lead

I also notice that EVERY reference to the "incident" has been deleted, in every forum. Not only the posts mentioning this, but the whole threads.

This is definitely a sad day for free information. And I fear that it is very, very dangerous road for a forum whose basic function is the free sharing of opinions, education, and information..

:cry:

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back