Klonz labs modelling amp

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an interesting idea... But it seems a little odd that it's not rack able...  you'd have a heck of a time gigging with it....

Not sure how close any of the "vintage" amps will be with a single OT...
The blackface Deluxe reverb and twin reverb in particular depend a lot on the OT, in my experience.

dmp said:
The blackface Deluxe reverb and twin reverb in particular depend a lot on the OT, in my experience.
I've never found any modeling amps to be convincing in that regard.  They can sound very nice, they can have a very similar tone, and sometimes similar distortion characteristic to the originals, but the "feel" and response are never quite like the genuine article.  Neither are the nuances of the saturation/distortion characteristic.  I think people that like modeling amps don't care about that though.  They just want a good sounding amp with a wide range of tones to play with.

I never found an amp model  in software  from plug in to real amp with modeling to ever sound like the amp they say the model. That being said, I have found plenty that sound quite nice and work well but never like the intended.

dmp said:
Same with the loudspeaker. You can't expect a credible 2x10 Vibrolux sound coming from a 4x12 cab.
Ultimately, the sound of any amp, including its OT, could be simulated in DSP, but the dispersion of a cabinet cannot, unless using virtual acoustics (somewhat SciFi today).

To me that while some modelers seem to sound good,  the playing experience is not the same
if you're recording a direct gtr to add amp sim later you have to play to the sound and modelers
are like preamps or clean amps in a way. Everyone is trying to make a better modeler, Kemper
seems to be the current peak?  good hook, sample your own amps with it !

Back