KRK Rokit 8 Gen 2 Upgrade

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bobby. I had one of my G2s blow up on me recently, and I'm definitely interested in going down the route of doing these board upgrades. Would you say that your mixes have improved because of the component upgrades? I'm curious of the results of the effort before I just say to heck with it and throw down on some HS8s or something.

Got it working no more annoying random sounds and pops. New TDA7296 has more clarity than the old obsolete TDA2052. Revealing more details in the mid range. I have a few more boards left if anyone has a pair of these old speakers and they need a re-vamp.
Also, what would you need from me if I needed those boards? I just need to get it fixed so I can get back to mixing.

I haven't had time to do any mixing as I am working all the time. I just believe they sound better now. These first version boards have some through holes that are really tight for component leads. The footprints are the 1N5392 Diodes & the CN4 connector header, as well I ended up jumpering the R102, R103, R115, & R116 trimmers. For this reason I would just give the boards away. I have corrected these errors in Rev1.1 although I have no need to produce more boards.

Latest posts

Back