Lamp for ART MPA Gold VU.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

camarada78

Both VUs of my ART MPA Gold stereo preamp broke through the years and I want to replace them now. I'm measuring -15v on both Vus but nothing seems broke. I tested some diy tiny led array but its not as beautiful dimm light as before. I tried to buy some online but none fit.
Its a fuse lamp measuring 20-22mm (the small fuse type). The smaller fuse-lamp i could fin was 28mm which is too big for the VU. Doesnt fit.
It used to be a incandescent fuse-bulb but i would go for a led type no problem.

Any [cheap] place where I can buy some?

I've used some incandescent bulbs from Farnell, they're 12V and not overly bright, very nice for VU.
They have wires on one end, so it's not the fuse type, but the same size.

lampie.jpg

So the LED filaments came in today and I put one in a defect VU meter that was blown by a faulty driver board.
20240103_170646.jpg

20240103_170556.jpg

20240103_170500.jpg

I'd say thats pretty nifty, low current draw, dead cheap, perfect fit, and looks so much better compared to a normal LED.
I think this a really good solution to light up VU meters.

You can get them in all kinds of colors, this is the 18.5mm warm white version, I'll stick with those.

Latest posts

Back