Lang Tape Preamps - Scrap?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dmp

What is the opinion of the esteemed community here?
I have a pair of these that could make good compressor builds...
Or are these cool? They have Freed and Ampex transformers inside. The meter is API.

Attachments

• DSCN0870.JPG
    DSCN0870.JPG
    23.5 KB
They were sold as upgrade electronics, I'm sure there's someone who wants or needs them.  I'd try the ampex list, etc.  Plenty of other worthy hack pieces out there. 

Were they an upgrade for a particular tape machine?
I hadn't found a hint about them on the web so it might help to know what they would go with.
Thanks.
I'd much rather find them a good home intact than part them out, if they are cool.

Ampex, I believe.  I think there are some Lang catalog scans I've seen online within the last year.  Maybe at Preservation Sound. 

If no one wants them for their original use I imagine the people who chase after Scully modules for use as mic pres might have an interest. 

If I owned an Ampex I would sure try them out.

Hey, those Langs are actually really nice. Better transient response, all discrete transistor design. They were used to replace Ampex 350/351 electronics, which suck as mic pres, BTW, so please encourage people to maintain them for tape machines only. Everyone loves to rape the vintage machines and consoles. TOOBES, DOOD!

Hi all somebody have the schematics ?

If yes it would be cool to have it, you can charge me if you want...

Thanks by advance

Ritchie

Latest posts

Back