Langevin AM-16 DIY?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
max, 1.5 by 5.1 in.
Duka, could you make a pdf without the silkscreen? that way i can print it on some vellum and burn a couple boards.
also notice the post on the trace that needs fixing.
cj

[quote author="cjenrick"]max, 1.5 by 5.1 in.
Duka, could you make a pdf without the silkscreen? that way i can print it on some vellum and burn a couple boards.
also notice the post on the trace that needs fixing.
cj[/quote]
Hi Chris
Holes been slightly bigger, I exchange trace (on the other side that three pads are conected).
Here are:
AM16_pcb.jpg

Is it good now. If you have excatly raster of trimpot that woul be fine.
On pdf are pcb with original trim and other with laydown piher 10x12,5mm
http://www.cankar.net/duka/AM16_fin_Piher+original.pdf
Duka

OK, I think I understand. You have layed out a board for a different trim pot that is easier to source.
Note that the original trim pot is metal and that the mounting tabs actually form a jumper from one side of the board to the edge.
There are some power connections also that we can put on the silkscreen also.
great work!

Hi Duka and Chris,

I inverted those jpegs, cut them apart and laid them over each other and they line up perfectly. It shouldn't be that hard to make these boards double-sided at home. I'm going to try, anyway.

Thanks!

:guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam:

[quote author="jrmintz"]Hi Duka and Chris,

I inverted those jpegs, cut them apart and laid them over each other and they line up perfectly. It shouldn't be that hard to make these boards double-sided at home. I'm going to try, anyway.

Thanks!

:guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam:[/quote]

Hi
Use pdf because it is much clearly

We need to mirror one of the pdf's to print the artwork but I forget which one gets mirrored, the top or bottom. :?

I drilled holes in the doubled sided board and put little dowell pins in the corners to keep things alligned.

Oh, and happy turkey day to all you turkey's out there!

Kev, everything ok?
:sad:

[quote author="cjenrick"]We need to mirror one of the pdf's to print the artwork but I forget which one gets mirrored, the top or bottom. :?

I drilled holes in the doubled sided board and put little dowell pins in the corners to keep things alligned.

Oh, and happy turkey day to all you turkey's out there!

Kev, everything ok?
:sad:[/quote]
Chris
Both sides are right side
Duka

I read something in a mag many years ago about making 2 sided boards. IIRC you drill 4 holes one in each corner and insert a brad etc.. then you line up the top and bottom patterns carefully and make the holes in the pattern.

Come on. Let´s see if there´s enought interest to have the boards fabricated by Gustav. He is already kind of official GroupDIY board supplier, so, let´s ask him to do some.

[quote author="cjenrick"]Kev, everything ok? :sad:[/quote]

yes and no

no time to explain and no net access while I'm recording this album.

work (the day gig) is changing and I fear it could be all over
trouble on all fronts and living with pain ... but seeing a chiropractor for the first time.
Kev has just spread himself too thinly ... AGAIN. :roll:

but the recording is going well .... I've only trashed two egos so far. :shock:

OK, I think we need to mirror both sides of the pdf's so that the traces printed on the artwork will lie against the board. Something like this jpg file.
Don't use this file as it is low res. I have a pdf generated but it is 1 megabye.
To big to link to. Duka, is there any way you can shrink the pdf without losing resolution? I tried converting it to grayscale but it made it bigger!
Darn, if the boards were slightly thinner, we could get 4 boards on a single 6 by 6 piece of doublesided copper.

cj

am16_board_reflected.jpg

try and convert it to bitmap. Will that be good enough rez? If bandwidth is your problem, I can host it for a while...

Joel

BMP at 300 dpi was about 1 meg also.
I can host it no problem if anyone needs it right now. Let me try an etch first before we spread this thing around.
cj

sorry-misread-It looks like you are just wanting a different size board right? Very cool looking project.

what ??? :shock:

??

:roll:

when making boards you use transparencies so why is the mirror so important ?

all prints from Protel are, as if from the top of the PCB .... imagine you slide the fibre glass in between the sheets.
I always print on both sides of the PCB with some text so I don't make the mirror mistake.

... or I am I way off base ?

If you use film I mean no need mirror pics maybe only invert.
Guy who made me some boards ask only invert drawinf on transparent film. Mine drawing is excatly like pcb. If you need another file (I have Corel and pdf) tell me maybe I can convert because when this file convert to bmp or jpg its poor quality.
Chris, I didnt want to change original layout because we are talking that woulb be not good to exchanging original layout.
Duka

Hi
I convert Corel to gif and it is not bad.
Look this:
http://www.cankar.net/duka/AM16_Corel_to_gif.gif
Also, not a big file: 95Kb. I used 600dpi and black and white set up when I export corel file to gif.
Duka

Back