LAZ Pro ACL/ API 525 question

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Potato Cakes

Hello, Internet friends,

So I had an old PCB for the LAZ ACL (API 525) and after building it and doing some trouble shooting on a couple of initial issues, the one thing that I can't seem to figure out is the make up gain on this guy. The 1k pot that is in the schematic for the makeup gain acts like an attenuator, so I have to have it fully CW to pass signal at unity per the first step in the calibration process. All the other functions seem to work properly and running audio through sounds good, I just can't seem to sort this one out right now. I've reread the original build thread and all the notes I have made along the way for making corrections to this particular PCB, but I haven't figured out what exactly what could be the culprit. Even if the pot was mislabeled and was secretly reverse log, at some point of turning it the level would be more than unity.

I'm going to keep poking around a bit and see if any light bulbs go off, but if anyone here has any suggestions or some insight how this could be, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Paul

Back