LEGO Trailer!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

etheory

Here's what I've been doing for a day job so far this year (DIY'ing at home when there is time 8))

The LEGO Movie Trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4GeCk5SBk

This is our second trailer that just came out world-wide.
I'm currently working at Animal Logic in Sydney as a programmer working on the Rendering side of our pipeline (i.e. the image generation).

So proud of our work and wanted to share, but also thought at least a few people on the board might be as big a fan of LEGO as I am!

Please forgive the shameless self-promotion ;-)

peterc said:
But the story seems to be SO naff! The usual cliches.... Violence.....

The team I belong to doesn't write the story, we just write the code that makes the pretty pictures  8)
So I'm really really glad you like our part of the production ;D

As for violence, well, they are portrayed as plastic LEGO, so I guess it depends what your definition of violence actually is.

I know when I played with LEGO as a child it was all bash and crash and explosions, and I turned out to be a rather calm and passive individual.
So I guess each person takes a different perspective on the levels of what something attains, to them. But sure, if you feel it's too violent then that is a shame, since that might mean you become alienated from an otherwise interesting experience.
But that's also the trade off with films.
I guess this one is as much aimed at the older audience who played with it when they were young, as it is the new generation.
So there are different levels of story going on for the different demographics.
You can't ever get 100% of the audience, since that would make a decidedly pedestrian film.
If you do end up seeing it, I would love to know what you think. Even if it's negative, it's important to hear the feedback. It should be released at some point early/mid next year, but I don't really know yet.

Thanks so much for checking it out guys and the positive response, I appreciate it and I'll let the crew know.

Luke

I work in a post house as well, so I well know the challenge of decisions and artistic direction not being my control.

I feel that the inclusion of characters from other movies is just jumping on the bandwagon. Lego is a European brand (originally) so expected something a little more interesting and classy, and not just stupid one-liners and predictable casting.

Without seeing the whole movie I cant comment on the script, but I know that it will play in my house as I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old......

I have shown it to some of our animators and they truly are impressed.

Peter

peterc said:
I feel that the inclusion of characters from other movies is just jumping on the bandwagon.

Some quick random trivia:

LEGO has held the rights to those characters for years and years.

All of the models shown are LEGO characters that are either in print already, or will be (and there are minimal new characters).

Batman, Wonder Woman, The NBA All-Stars, the Green Lantern, Superman, etc. etc. etc. have all been available in LEGO for a long long time.

They just brought them together for the film. So whilst it might seem a convenient and annoying pop art throw away for the film, in reality, millions of fans world-wide of the LEGO franchise actually basically demanded it ;-)

L

Awesome!  The video quality was really good, and that everything is awesome song is fantastic.  ha, too funny. 

Guilty pleasure-animation movies  8)

I was happy to see the old-skool blue spaceman character there - these were the guys that I played with for hours back in the 1970s. :)

lego_spaceman.jpg

Otherwise, looks great. The story is probably not aimed at me!

Shouldn't everyone speak be speaking Danish, with subtitles?

zebra50 said:
I was happy to see the old-skool blue spaceman character there - these were the guys that I played with for hours back in the 1970s. :)

Otherwise, looks great. The story is probably not aimed at me!

Shouldn't everyone speak be speaking Danish, with subtitles?

That was my first thought too! I remember in the mid 80's I had those ones, and then they brought out ones with VISORS... My 8 year old self was blown aways. Visor Lego's came everywhere with me :)

Wow, that's pretty much the first picture I've seen of a Blue Classic Spaceman without a broken helmet ;-)

That one has been kept it in amazing condition!

Latest posts

Back