Lexicon 300 Display Transformer needed

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

la-2a

Hello folks, can someone tell me where I can get this transformer.?? Lexicon 300 PSU, Display Transformer 470-07509.
Thanky you very much...
Bildschirmfoto 2023-10-14 um 13.59.44.png

Does anyone know of a replacement solution if the transformer is no longer available for purchase?? Can anyone explain the connections J20, J21 FILA FILB.??

Attachments

• LEX300.jpg
    LEX300.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 0
Yes of course its ac, it comes off a transformer. Unfortunately Lexicon didn't put the voltage on the drawing, so the only way to find it is measuring it or look up the display data sheet.

It looks like it will hardly be possible to find such a transformer. So I have to build something adequate. Can somebody help me with it. ?? There would be enough space in the housing. I think we would help a lot of Lexicon M300 users out there!

Has anyone reached out to Lexicon to see if they might be of help? I bought a replacement for my cooked transformer years ago, but I can't remember where. I thought I got it off of Digikey or Mouser but it's all foggy now. I am still searching to see if I can find any evidence of what I did back in the day, but I may be grasping at straws at this point.

Hi, I contacted Lexicon / Harman, no Transformers in stock anymore...the Manufacturer was Lenco Electronics.They don't have any in stock either. The unfriendly gentleman at Lenco didn't even want to reveal the voltage pin assignment of the transformer without an authorisation. Is somebody here to give the correct values.??

I wish I could remember where I bought mine, it very well could have been from Lexicon or Lenco. It's been many years back.

I don't see why Lenco wouldn't build one for you since they seem to build custom transformers. They say low cost samples right there on their website. I am sure it gets weird with it being probably a proprietary unit that Lexicon had them build but it might be worth a shot.

Looking at my original posts, they seem to be early 2014, no wonder I don't remember much.

Hi, I solved the problem. I used two small 2VA AC transformers that I soldered onto a small breadboard with 2.54mm pin headers at the location of the broken transformer. 230V/2x18V 2VA, 230V /2x6V 2VA. The 230V: 2x18V only were soldered directly behind the mains fuse on the primary side, because there´s only 120V on the PSU board, which was just right for the 2x6V transformer to generate the 2x 2.5V filament voltage. Please pay attention to your country-specific mains voltage in order to select the correct transformers.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back