Long shot. Diagram needed for A&R PLM14 led ppm/vu meter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob Flinn

As it says in the title. I'm looking for a circuit diagram for an A&R PLM14 ppm/Vu led ladder meter. These were used in Audix conoles, probably amongst other brands. Picture attached

Attachments

• 164951471175081648173.jpg
    164951471175081648173.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 22
No drawing, but I will share this: I had an ADR Compex come through the shop a while back, and the fault turned out to be a wire jumper like the one in your pic, behind the switch, next to the blue diode. The solder joint on one end had gone high resistance, and that happened to be the V+ connection to one of the boards.

No drawing, but I will share this: I had an ADR Compex come through the shop a while back, and the fault turned out to be a wire jumper like the one in your pic, behind the switch, next to the blue diode. The solder joint on one end had gone high resistance, and that happened to be the V+ connection to one of the boards.
Thanks for that tip Ike. Unfortunately in this case that is not the problem. I'm not sure if you think this is ADR but I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anything to do with them, it's A&R. I think A&R is what turned into ARCAM the hifi company. On some old adverts I found for this meter when Googling it said the company was in Cambridge U.K which is also where ARCAM (A&R Cambridge) formerly A&R were/are. See this https://worldradiohistory.com/hd2/I...d-IDX/IDX/70s/Studio-Sound-1976-09-IDX-54.pdf

Do you need schematic because you want to make clone of that PPM or for repair? Because as far as I can see, it's a common design.

Back