Looking for a LD mic circuit to play with or buy & tweek... Rode,ADK,........

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Hi Im looking for a circuit diagram or even off the shelf mic to play with....I want this for only vocals I just want another flavour....at the moment I have Oktave MK101 (capsule from 319/219) on small MK012 body also have a DIY version of MK012 with Lomo lollypop head.....I have a ADK Vienna & a  a MK47 with Violet design capsule...

Im a bit of a DIYer so dont starting from scratch and suggestions as I say I built a MK012 from scratch & I love it with my Violet Vin67 lollypop capsule or th e OKtava MK101 I built the MK47 kit but have been having hell with it cant get rid of popping sounds

The Violet Vin 67 is really good( Its flat sounding but K67 style) so I was thinking of building another body for it, so I dont need a capsule if i buy a mic, or find a nice circuit, I was thinking about the Rode NT1A, I have read some good reviews, I also see a mic modder who sticks his version of K47 capsule on it and it sounds like a U87, I dont know much about the circuit but I hear its very quiet (or rather dont hear)

I would like to find a schematic for a ADK hamburg, did I read same as MXLV67 but better quality.....
Also would love to see schematics for any Violet the globe would be great as use same capsule that I have, or the Blue bottle mics very expensive ....

thanks for reading

Hmm I might have a play with my ADK vienna I have read the amp is flat....there are spaces on the board for a few more components , Im guessing these would be to make it into a Hamburg, I guess the extra components would form the EQ circuit to tame the brighter K67 style capsule thats in a Hamburg.....I wonder how the Hamburg capsule compares to china K67s.

I have an MXL V67G which I have performed several circuit mods to, its very easy to alter, and has an output transformer. The circuit is on two PCBs.

I also took a chance on a pair of Avlex (I've never heard of them either) mics on Ebay for dirt cheap, which turned out to me identical to the V67G in everything but external looks! I have modded them too now.

Thanks mike....Avlex is something to do with superlux mics I think...I read that that the V67 has same circuit as the ADK hamburgs with their built in EQ tho the ADKs have a different FET, my Vienna has no EQ a flat amp so I read I would be interested to try the adding the EQ circuit just to hear how it sounds with a brighter capsule....

Latest posts

Back