Looking For Gately Pro Kit SM-6 Schematics / Manual

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

portersage

Hey all, I have a set of 70’s Gately Pro Kit rack units here (SM-6 mixer, EK-6 spring reverb, and EQ-6), and they’re definitely home built kits judging from the wiring inside. Certain functions don’t work, there’s a hell of a lot of noise, ETC ETC ETC…
- So, I’d love to try and get these things working right. I’ve found schematics for the EK-6 online, and the EQ-6 seems to be functioning properly, which just leaves the brain of the trio, the SM-6. Does anybody have a source for either a manual or even just the schematic? It seems pretty simple inside, but the wiring job in here is a knot or two shy of a rats nest, and I just want to see if anything was wired improperly by the original owner.

Also if anyone has any experience using these units, I’d love to hear your thoughts! I know it’s not going to be solid gold, but I enjoy funky sounding old stuff, so I’m curious if anyone’s used them for anything, - anyway-

Let me know!

Back