Looking for someone to build a dual Neumann M582 mic power supply

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JML in NYC

Hi all,
Just bought a couple M582 tube mics that need a PSU and pair of cables. I spoke to Schaal and Drefahl but turn around and cost are both a bit… excessive. Looking to do something in a month or two instead of 6-12 months. Is that too much to ask? Anyone up to that? Pls email me if you’re interested in the job with a quote. Thanks so much!
Joshuamlutz at gmail

TLDR: their supplies hold value on resale market like eBay or reverb more than no-name makers or diy will. Hence higher prices. If functionality is the priority then any well made supply will be fine, less cost does not always equate to lower quality

DIY or unknown maker supplies, do not fetch their value on the resale market. These makers have spent decades making their name as known vintage mic techs and builders so if you have a collectors piece it might be a consideration for their price. I’d function and quiet operation is the priority it does not matter who made it as long as it’s reliable and it works. If your priority is to make an investment financially it would be a smarter choice to go with the schaal/drephal/hamptones of the worlds.

There's an ( I think) Polish guy now selling PSUs available on German eBay - around the 250euro mark.
But take Sparklebear! His work looks amazing, and he's also in the US!

Latest posts

Back