Manley vary mu balance problems !?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madsimilius

Hi, i have a manley vari mu that i bought 3 years ago, when i got it noticed  the needle on the vu on one side used more time to go to 0 then the other. It also compressed one less db on one side, and the output  was  a little lower on that side.
I've changed the tubes and recapped all the caps that was in my Manleys recap  kit.
It is still not right!

If i put the input and outputs to the same, and measure the voltage on the xlr outputs the left one shows 1v with max threshold and 0.6-0,7v with min threshold,
and the right one shows 1.2v no comp and 0.6v with comp.

What is wrong here? unbalanced tubes ? tubes not matching?  maby some other cap is bad?

Thank you for reading!

Talk to Paul at Manley support, he is excellent.  There is no need to troubleshoot this on your own, Paul knows the circuit inside and out and has seen every possible situation. http://www.manley.com/service.php

EveAnna is a good friend and she often laments that people will reach out to the forums without first asking Manley.  Take advantage of the support you get when you buy from a solid manufacturer.

Latest posts

Back