I have a question about these micro tube mic ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mic test

I have a question about these micros
what is it tube mic why doesn't it have 7 pin like normal tube mics? and does that actually do anything? I would buy one and then install better components to reduce the noise. Do you think it's worth it? I have a lot of tube mics but I've never seen anything like this
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.93.63837121qRZkHk
For me it looks like the tube is just decoration. :cool:
Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 18-26-09 Electric Board Condenser Microphone 34mm Diaphragm Music Stu...png
I only see 3 cables coming from the XLR socket...

Isn't it possible to build a tube mic with only 3 pin XLR? with one😄
It's not completely impossible, but it does require a few mental pull-ups. The biggest limitation is the 48V phantom power and its limited amount of current. There have already been projects in this direction, but in my opinion it is not worth the effort. The mic shown is 100% not one of them, its totally Toobe fake.

Weren't there some tubes used in battery-operated radios that could work at low B+ voltages?
I know ECC86 and EF98, which work quite well with low B+ but require a lot of heater current. Tubes for hearing aids are more suitable, but don't sound particularly good in my opinion. Your mileage may vary...

On the other hand it is cheap, and the components are basically there. A 7-pin insert and a bit of rewiring, and a tube mic is actually possible for very little. If the transformer is real!

I have a question about these micros
what is it tube mic why doesn't it have 7 pin like normal tube mics? and does that actually do anything? I would buy one and then install better components to reduce the noise. Do you think it's worth it? I have a lot of tube mics but I've never seen anything like this
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...l?spm=a2700.shop_plgr.41413.93.63837121qRZkHk
I think this one you posted in another thread is even more intriguing. Wonder what the device is? Maybe a nuvistor? Also doesn't seem to be connected.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240919_133755_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20240919_133755_Alibabacom.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 0
Back