MasterRoom / MicMix Model C Stereo Spring Reverb - Temperamental :(

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacecho

Hey Guys,

i know a couple of you have a MasterRoom Spring Reverb in use, and i was wondering if any of you have had any experience in fixing intermittent issues with them.

Mine is a stereo spring with a Model C controller (has Eq) and also have a spare controller (without eq).

It has never really worked right (damn ebay) so today i tried to get to the bottom of it:

Most of the time, the signal level is very weak, and no bass present (initially thought i had the hot / cold incorrectly wired) and also quite noisy.

but every time its turned on its different - today it was okay (full sound) but next power up, weak signal, no bass, slight noise floor.

I suspect that the cinch jones connector(s) and the round connectors that connect to the reverb tanks could be an issue as the plating has worn off a bit.

Does anyone anyone have a pinout or schematic info for these..

I started to re-cap the worse sounding control module (i have 2) and today it was sounding good, after a partial recap, the noise floor was better, then, next power up - same issues - no signal - no bass... even with the other controller..

the only constant are the cables that connect the tanks to the control units (remember i have 2 control units - one with eq one without) so it is strange that at different times, each control unit is fine, then goes bad..

how have your units been?

Thanks Dan,

I can confirm that a complete recap solved all the noise, hum, hiss and intermittency issues.

Now i have a great sounding reverb... put it on a send and the music sounds like a record.

Back