Melcor EQs and Preamps: AE-20, GME-20, AML-27

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one of my 4 pairs of AM-27's. This one has 990's, the rest have various flavours of 2520 (Whistle Rock, Red Dots and Fabios). I also threw CAPI H pads on the outputs of this one. The other pairs have fixed 15dB pads on the outputs just to tame them a bit cus they're so damn hot, and makes em hard to drive into the sweet spot.

Originally all my cards had the monolithic 5003 Op amps. I still have a pair of them, tho one is suspect.

This isn't my cleanest racking job- I actually have plans to move all 8 channels into a single 2U enclosure at some point. They're currently all being powered from an upgraded Soundcraft CPS450- overkill I know...

IMG_2778.jpegIMG_2782.jpegIMG_2783.jpegIMG_0507.jpeg

Very nice work! I have four of those MAP 5004 amps that I bought from someone here - maybe you?
Not me... I sold 4 of mine back to the guy who i grabbed the cards from- another local tech who i've known for years.

They'll look nicer when I do my 8ch box... I'm going to do an actual backplane for them, variable output faders on each.. will be killer once i get around to it!

Back