micro management

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
  You ask for the specs, let the implementation to me...

Or something like that I had to say today, to the boss, wanting to tell me how to do the math inside the PLC program. It was literally just to change one parameter in the program but he wanted to talk me into doing different math completely. (unrelated, what's wrong with people that's around µC but doesn't touch them and floating point operations?? 99.85% of the time they don't solve s**t!!!)

JS

> units out there that are some 20 years in age that come in for servicing.

My 15 year old Honda....

Honda is barely apologetic that I had to go back *twice* to replace airbags which have injured (even killed) drivers.

The Honda dealer is not the least apologetic that I have spent a lot of money and much time and failed to find a solution to a dangerous idle-surge.

I just got a ladder extender with a flawed weld and a stupid adjuster (slips when you climb). The company rep seemed proud of his product. Didn't even suggest I send it back.

Yes, Honda lives on a slimmer mark-up than you do. But you do not have to give lifetime support.

PRR said:
Honda is barely apologetic that I had to go back *twice* to replace airbags which have injured (even killed) drivers.

The Honda dealer is not the least apologetic that I have spent a lot of money and much time and failed to find a solution to a dangerous idle-surge.

(Disclaimer: I own two Hondas. One is 12 years old; the other is brand new, and it replaced one of the diesel Volkswagens everyone has heard about.)

Note that you said, "Honda dealer." Dealers don't give a shit about what customers think, and they won't do anything that costs them any money to handle. Here's why: the manufacturers can't yank a franchise, even in the face of overwhelming customer complaints. State laws, written by auto dealer lobbyists, preclude the manufacturer selling directly to customers, so we must go through franchised dealers. The only way to cause a dealer any pain is to not buy a car from them, and in many geographic areas there is only one dealer because the dealers also carve out territories.

I really wish I could go to the local Costco and order a car.

But now that the car buying is done, I don't need to think about that for the next ten years.

Andy Peters said:
(Disclaimer: I own two Hondas. One is 12 years old; the other is brand new, and it replaced one of the diesel Volkswagens everyone has heard about.)

Note that you said, "Honda dealer." Dealers don't give a sh*t about what customers think, and they won't do anything that costs them any money to handle. Here's why: the manufacturers can't yank a franchise, even in the face of overwhelming customer complaints. State laws, written by auto dealer lobbyists, preclude the manufacturer selling directly to customers, so we must go through franchised dealers. The only way to cause a dealer any pain is to not buy a car from them, and in many geographic areas there is only one dealer because the dealers also carve out territories.

I really wish I could go to the local Costco and order a car.

But now that the car buying is done, I don't need to think about that for the next ten years.
Another example of government "helping" (this time state governments) that pretty much help protect the car dealers from the evil car companies, presumably to help consumers, but like you know.  :eek:

Ask Tesla about trying to sell cars at Costco...

JR

PS: Speaking of VW, top selling car maker, just announced a BEV division (battery electric vehicle). I guess that way they can pass emissions standards with the world governments breathing down their neck.

Latest posts

Back