Hello from Philly!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prester_john

Hi, my name is Avery. I am a music teacher and recording engineer. I live in a Philadelphia punk house where we throw DIY shows. I want to carry the spirit of DIY punk into my new recording experience, which I am calling Moon Spirit Audio Lab. The Moon Spirit represents the emotional aspect of music, and it comes first. The Audio Lab part of the name represents the scientific aspect of recording, which supports the emotion.
I built some DIY studio furniture and assembled some Eurorack models which worked great. I tried to build a microphone based on a guide by Sound Sleuth once, but it only ever outputted noise. It did make a little sound when I tapped on the capsule though 🤦‍♂️.

I have blind-tested most mics on Audio Test Kitchen, although my monitoring setup wasn't as good as it could have been. I was going to create a big write-up about everything I found but I haven't yet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

I have a playlist on Youtube for large tone comparisons and other things I found useful that you might like:

Latest posts

Back