Microfonuniun STW7 Red in NOS Audio251 Tube Mic! Sounds Nice!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice capsule! 👼
Are these two tantalum capacitors in series in front of the transformer? How many uF? What is the purpose of this?

Sweet! Different flavor of course, but I've got a broken C414 TLII en route (which shares the capsule from the C12VR) I'm going to drop in the NOS 251. Excited to hear how that sounds. Of course, I may swap it back and fix the circuit on the C414 but I've been looking for a good capsule upgrade for the 251 and the mic cost the same as the CK12 options on the market, so why not.

yes 2x 3,3uf/75V i think for voltage-doubling and sound (r) ..
Okay, I see. I wouldn't do that, 2 capacitors are no better than one in the signal path. The capacitance is halved (which is still sufficient) and the voltage is distributed across both capacitors, with luck almost equally.
I would prefer to use one suitable capacitor, but YMMV. (y)

Nice capsule! 👼
Are these two tantalum capacitors in series in front of the transformer? How many uF? What is the purpose of this?
yes 2x 3,3uf/75V i think for voltage-doubling and sound (r) ..
Okay, I see. I wouldn't do that, 2 capacitors are no better than one in the signal path. The capacitance is halved (which is still sufficient) and the voltage is distributed across both capacitors, with luck almost equally.
I would prefer to use one suitable capacitor, but YMMV. (y)
this comes from manufator NOS audio..

Back