mission impossible

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Afternoon and thanks for the link Boji ,
Theres a guy called Nils Frahm I think ,kind does a similar building style with analogs and piano ,and all kinds of interesting percussion tricks too , Id say you might like it .He kinda machine guns the piano keys and then tweaks the strings too.He must have a team from Steinway on standby,lucky ducker.

I liked your idea about a software 'headunit' for cueing and playing multiple tracks off youtube  ,My brothers more into techno ,but we often have heated debates and brainstorm about new interesting ways of making the convolution sound . Combining simple waveforms from an arb sig gen or two is good fun actually ,either for audio or vco clock or sync .Different frequencies combining really ,intermodulation aritfacts and all ,such a fun musical genre but not getting the respect it deserves ,or airplay of course . The French really take the genre very seriously ,and thats something I really like ,  get's rejected by some as pill head music of course ,but each to their own.

A buddy who lived in Berlin for a while told me about an interesting band/collective who used vintage tube radios positioned around the venue, the musicians had software defined radio dongles on the pc's and so were able to broadcast live transmissions to any or all speakers simultaniously and do pans, echos, weird phase shifts, and all kinds ,was quite the experience from what he said.

Back