Mixingdeskproject out of Siemens Eurocards (HELP) photos

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geert Heyrman

Hello Guys,

I've been surfing a lot on this messageboard but just enlisted myself. A while ago I got the chance to buy several siemens eurocards for little money. I don't have any schematics of them and I hope you guys could help me here. This is what I got

24 Distribution amplifiers one into six.... Label says Siemens PM-VV 6 AUsg. +15 dBM/24V Here is a picture of this unit:

http://www.image-monster.de/?img=Distributionamplifierkl1414f26bJPG.jpg

I also got 4 Mischverst. PM-MV Trafo-Eing./24V(RK470)

http://www.image-monster.de/?img=Mischverstarkerklc99953f3JPG.jpg

With this last I can probably make two stereobussamps.... I guess.
I need the schematics for these eurocards as otherwise it's too hard to make anything out of it. What I want to do is make some kind of mastering rack desk. Deu to the distribution amps i can make two to six different submixes. For the neutrality I could use a studer mixing amp also on eurocard from my studer 903 desk to mix all the six stereogroups. I still have a lot of work thinking out what I want to do but I wonder if someone has schematics of these siemens cards. I can't find them anywere. Anyway The next picture gives an idea of what I intend to make:

http://www.image-monster.de/?img=mixingdesk51773574jpg.jpg

I really hope you guys can help me.

Kind regards from Belgium,

Geert

Any ideas on a design.... please do make suggestions. I'm pretty new to this stuff but I learn fast. I was also willing to use those rotary lightmeters around the knobs as done with the protools control, so that you can quickly see what setting you have dialled in in a midnight sessions. :grin: Anyone experience with that?

Geert

Hi Kubi,

Thx for the reply. Yes indeed they are the ones you say. According to the guy I bought them from they came out of one mixing desk. Do you have the schematics? Aren't they any good? I might offcource use them for parts. But maybe there is a way to upgrade them. I have enough to experiment on :roll: Any way, the schematics would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Geert

What if I upgrade the low cost LF353N "Wide Bandwidth Dual JFET Input Operational Amplifier" with a better one? There are four used in the distributionamp. I have read that the LF353 is pin compatible with the standard LM1558 witch allows to immediately upgrade the overall performance of existing LM1558 and LM358 designs. Does anyone have a suggestion with regard to a better Dual JFET Opamp?

I assume the Picatron RÜP 266/1M is good quality? Is there a need to upgrade that one?

Kubi do you know how the colouration of these distributionamps are?

Kind regards,

Geert

Hi Kubi,

Thx for the info on the trafo's. I'll probably have to disassemble them for the use I have in mind. But maybe that's not a bad thing. I'll have a look at this forum on what design I'll use. I might go for a discrete design for the distributionamp. I'll have a look at the board. I guess the other board I showed is usable. But again the lack of schematics is holding me back. I can't even find the pinlayout on the net for the haufe transformers. ( Haufe RK430 and Haufe RK470)

Anyway Kubi thx a lot for the info I'm a lot closer to next step to perform.

Kind regards,

Geert

Back