MK47 PCB tube mic kit - build thread

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I looked at post #100 and didn't see what you were talking about? I was referencing post #1 in this thread and all the missing photos. That's the post I assembled my first Mk47 with and it went off without a hitch.
Did you look at post #100 in this thread? Or post #100 in Chunger's thread that reginator gave you the link directly to?

Did you look at post #100 in this thread? Or post #100 in Chunger's thread that reginator gave you the link directly to?
Okay, I'm a more than a little embarrassed. I saw the post, but hadn't scrolled down far enough to find the build photos and instructions. I've got them now, and created a succinct PDF and stored it locally, just to be on the safe side. Man, Chunger is a DIY ninja!! Amazing work! Thank you. I've got what I need now.

No, you're not the last one. But I just might be... LOL
I finally ended up building it, and love this mic. I'd like to build another one but really hard to find as these kits are sold out for a long time. I bought mine around here on blackmacket's page.

I understand. I've been hanging onto my last kit for years... The time has come for me to finally get it done. Sometime before the end of this year, I'll have everything I need to make it happen.

It seems there is a mismatch in my microphone:

Switching polar patterns creates a very loud popping noise.

Cardiod works as expected (front is loud and clear, read is muffled and low volume). But in omni mode the front sounds bass shy (papery) and the back sounds loud and clear.

Is there a schematic of the MK47 somewhere? All the images from Max are gone, unfortunately...

Thanks!

It seems there is a mismatch in my microphone:

Switching polar patterns creates a very loud popping noise.

Cardiod works as expected (front is loud and clear, read is muffled and low volume). But in omni mode the front sounds bass shy (papery) and the back sounds loud and clear.

Is there a schematic of the MK47 somewhere? All the images from Max are gone, unfortunately...

Thanks!
For the build thread, check the one from Chunger. Lot of very detailed pictures of the build from page 5 or 6.

MK47 newbie build

For the build thread, check the one from Chunger. Lot of very detailed pictures of the build from page 5 or 6.

MK47 newbie build
Thanks, but I am looking to fix a specific problem with a mic I built 10+ years ago here. I need the schematic and maybe some advice what might be at fault. Ideally what the voltages should be a which points and how to measure them (high impedance part).

Thanks, but I am looking to fix a specific problem with a mic I built 10+ years ago here. I need the schematic and maybe some advice what might be at fault. Ideally what the voltages should be a which points and how to measure them (high impedance part).
Check at Dan's version D-47. Same design with two 4408A tubes.

I found the schematic (on reverb.com :) ).

What could be going on in my mic? A mismatch between the two sides of the capsule? A bad relais connection? Or stray capacitance/resistance (I had scrubbed the PCBs) squeaky clean...

Again, the front side sounds fine in cardiod setting, but bass shy and with amplitude lowered in omni (whereas the back side sounds fine in omni and is muted as it should be in cardiod).

Attachments

• MK47_schematic.jpg
    MK47_schematic.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 13

Latest posts

Back