Modern Mobile Phones Are Stupid

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffrecords

I hate having to swipe to answer a call on my mobile phone. So I decided to see if I could change it to a single tap. So I opened the phone app, whent to its settings and looked for options for answering a call. No dice. So I searched on line and I got an answer. You have to go to overall phone settings and select Accessibility. From that menu you select Interaction and Dexterity (WTF?) and from that menu you toggle on the Assistant Menu where you finally get a Replace Swipe with Single Tap toggle. Now finally I can finally answer a call with a single tap. Unfortunately have to have a little floating Assistant Menu which annoyingly sits on top of any app you are using. You can set it to be transparent, which seems an odd way to disable something, but then I found it can be made an Edge Menu which still floats on top of the current app but much less obtrusively.

What a stupid bunch of hoops to have to jump thought just to change one of the most common settings on a phone. Why it could not be an option under the phone app settings I don't know but I guess that would be too intuitive.

Cheers,

Ian

I reluctantly got a basic mobile phone a few years ago simply because the fees for the land line became exorbitant .
Ive always had a strong dislike of mainstream social media , long before many of the negative impacts of the technology became generally known ,
We've seen how its turned our public representatives into 'like' whores , allowed extremists top billing , and as the Irish government saw fit to make anyone over the age of 14 deemed an adult with regards targeted advertising ,its done serious damage to young and impressionable people ,
Its hijacked the human reward system , delivering a dopamine hit , which we know is highly addictive ,and it was allowed to happen ,even facillitated by politicians who thought they could use it to boost their share of the vote .
The reality is it tries to push us all into our respective corners ,its the biggest advancement in mental slavery ever and undermines democracy , people think their more free because of it but in reality it turns us into puppets on a string .

We need new laws ,so that over time if it becomes known politicians made unfavourable deals with social media corporations in their own self interest their held to account , even after they have left office .

The same pissants who opened the door to social media here are now busy draughting legislation to try and control what we say on social media , or more likely to suppress the ever growing dissent slung at them from all sides .
They've manuvered themselves into Sword of Damocles type situation .

I recently took a look at the Windows 11 os ,
the sheer amount of settings relating to privacy and data collection is hard to fathom and by default your having your private thoughts invaded by it ,every minute of everyday .

Mouse/trackpad gestures are my pet hate these days , I thought I had dissabled them in Win 11 ,but occasionally it still does something funky when a second finger touches the trackpad , for now the Win 11 pc remains offline and never touches the internet , Im still finding pages and pages of settings which by default at set for invasion of privacy .

I have a friend in his 70's who reluctantly switched over to smart phone a couple of years ago , he has exactly the same issue with the swipe call answer , I must tell him about the tap function as he always manages to drop calls with the swipe .

Seems to me the real 'smarts' in smart phones is the potential for targeted marketing to be used against us and come election time slight of hand/ magicians force to turn the undecided votes ,
Modern democracy , its just an illusion .

Latest posts

Back