Your favourite DAW on Android phone? What Audiointerface? Usefull Audiotools?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rock soderstrom

Tour de France
Hi guys, I'm looking for a suitable DAW for me on my mid-range Samsung A53 mobile phone.

I have tried a few trial versions and was wondering what you guys use? I want to record sketches, jam around and have fun with it on the go together with an UR22 audio interface .

What are your favourite apps, DAWs and tools on Android? What about latency and real-time capabilities?

Is Android finally on par with IOS devices for music/audio production?

I asked this question a year ago and the response was overwhelming.😎

So again, does anyone use their Android phone for audio?

So making music, field recording, general recordings or audio measurements? MIDI and virtual instruments or amp and effects simulations for guitar and bass?

Which audio interface have you had good experiences with?

I look forward to any feedback!

Also interested in this. Is there anything you've used that you've particularly liked?
I tried Cubasis in the demo version. It was quite good but unfortunately I had some timing problems with my Steinberg UR22 interface during overdub recordings. What is your experience with that?

I am basically interested in a functioning DAW. It doesn't have to be able to do that much. Reliable 4 track recording and generating backing tracks on the go wouldn't be bad, maybe a included guitar amp and FX simulation, that would be great.

No problem on IOS, Android is a bit underdeveloped in this area. There seem to be fundamental problems with the low latency audio integration...

Do you have a few things you can recommend? Maybe also a nice Rhodes/Organ/Piano app?

Edit: my mobil phone is a Samsung A53 at the moment.

When I played around with Android a few years ago, I was hoping Google got their stuff together. There was an android beta that had real low latency. I started a small run on the beta by informing everyone I knew had an Android phone. Everyone who tried, was enthusiastic. Finally!

When the final release came out, latency was back to what it was before. Nobody understood what happened.

Back