More Vari Mu Limiter questions,Side chain Buffer whats it do

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary o

Im very interested in Tube Vari Mu limiters,I Have looked as lots of schematics and DIYed 2 circuits, I have an understanding of how they work tho im still very green but wish to learn more, 1 of the circiuts that interests me is the Altec A322....There is a PDF floating around that CJ kindly posted tho I cant get the link to work at the moment. My main question is.....

What is the 6SN7 tube doing before the usual 6H6 rectifier tube ?

Does it amplify the output signal still further for the 6H6 ?

I was told its to take the load of the output tubes ?
but wouldnt the output tubes have planty of level anyway we always have to pad the outputs

I did breadboard the sidechain of the A322 and connected it in place of the more usual Rectifer,it worked well and had interesting quirk that I want to investigate further, im halfway thru a more permernant version of the side chain inc more modifications.

Also does anyone have or no of other Limiter circuits with any kind of buffer amp sections included ?? I would love to see them.

Thanks for reading would be greatful for any giudence and to hear yours thoughts.

thanks...................gary o.

Latest posts

Back