MXL 603 -> KM84 Replacement PCB

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd imagine it wouldn't be too difficult to make up a little something to cover it and put a couple of threaded holes in the body if you felt comfortable with that level of DIY. That's what some manufacturers already do with their Chinese mic bodies.

I was hoping the nail polish remover would only remove the black MXL lettering, but it removed some silver finish as well. OK, so after I fill and sand the embossed MLX logo I will have to re-shoot them, so I might as well shoot them in a darker grey like the KM84s really are.

Attachments

• MLX bodies no paint.jpeg
    MLX bodies no paint.jpeg
    420.1 KB · Views: 0
Hi folks, Merry Christmas, all. I hope everything's treating you well in your parts of the world!

Nice to see people are interested in getting a few boards, I haven't had any made for a bit as it'd all quietened down for a bit, but I'll be doing a run in the New Year so there's some stock for those who're keen.

Please send me a private message if you're interested and haven't already and that way I'll be able to keep track of things.

Have an awesome holiday season everyone, stay safe and well, and enjoy your time with loved ones!

And..... How are they tell us?? Have a pair of the banzai mics wich use Graeme's board in a slightly different layout i think. They sound fine with the maiku capsules, altough different than km84's. Really looking forward to hear how these are? These the flat version?

And..... How are they tell us?? Have a pair of the banzai mics wich use Graeme's board in a slightly different layout i think. They sound fine with the maiku capsules, altough different than km84's. Really looking forward to hear how these are? These the flat version?
I still have to get the transformers and finish the build, but as soon as I do, I will post about them.

I know their previous SDC capsules offered a "flat" and some sort of not-flat version. This is a new series with one model in 3 polar patterns. Here is the page on their web site.

http://www.3uaudio.com/Show.asp?id=701

These 3U capsules fit on the bansai bodys with the Maiku capsules? That would be great. The Maiku capsules are not getting used at all in my studio. New capsules might bring these back from storage.

It’s not an easy fit. I used the 3U flat capsule. The pin on the body and capsule are not long enough. You need to move both pieces attached to the PC board outward to gain length and then add a solder blob to the end of both pins so that they make contact. They sound great!

I still have to get the transformers and finish the build, but as soon as I do, I will post about them.

I know their previous SDC capsules offered a "flat" and some sort of not-flat version. This is a new series with one model in 3 polar patterns. Here is the page on their web site.

http://www.3uaudio.com/Show.asp?id=701
Response of these capsules will heavily depend on what's behind them, how large the chamber is, if it's vented or not. Km84 has shallower chamber and no additional vents that MXL bodies have.

Back