My D-LA2A is alive ! (with Edcor and Antek transformers !)

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hermoso LA2 Dual!!!! envidia sana!!!! te felicito!
je
Ahi algun dia tienes q ayudarme con el mio je jaja ;). In the future you should help me with my own LA2 !!!
What is the PCB  that you used???was a dual PCB or you used two???

Thanks !

The PCB is [silent-arts] "christmas edition" D-LA2A PCB, released about a year ago. Apparently, Volker is selling these again, when his webstore is up and running.

Silvas - what do you think of the Edcors?

I like them in mine. I had some Sowters in and in a blind test with myself decided I liked the edcors slightly more!!!

Very nice especially with the sensitivity control on the front and the stepped pots !
You say meters are Nissei?
Couldn´t find them on their site:
http://www.nissei.com.cn/productVM.html

Or is this the wrong Nissei?
Cheers, Emre

deuce42 said:
Silvas - what do you think of the Edcors?

I like them in mine. I had some Sowters in and in a blind test with myself decided I liked the edcors slightly more!!!

I think some people doesn't like them because of the impedance problems they're having...no problem with the 600:15k  :D

Sadly, i doesn't have an original at hand to compare. Neither different input trafos, so the only thing i know is that i love the sound. Maybe someone can comment on this? edcor 600:15k vs sowter vs whatever, on succesful builds.

My D-AOC has the edcors, too and i'm quite satisfied for now. But i plan to put lundahls on the inputs in the future...then, i can compare.

veermaster said:
Very nice especially with the sensitivity control on the front and the stepped pots !
You say meters are Nissei?
Couldn´t find them on their site:
http://www.nissei.com.cn/productVM.html

Or is this the wrong Nissei?
Cheers, Emre

Yep, nissei. TR-57 iirc. Don't know if Hairball has them. He is offering the other nissei, TN-73, the "sifam clone" at a nice price.

RedNoise said:
Hi Silvas !
GLU for sure!About the frontpannel painting , did you manage it by yourself?Love it!

I forgot, panel painting is all powdercoat. Is a highly textured finish that i love. Don't know the term in english, but in spanish we call that finish "gofrado". It's also very scratch resistant.

Silvas said:
I left the "limiter response" control on the front. I always wanted a LA2A like this, and i made the right choice. When fully CCW, it is like "flat". When turning CCW, it gets less sensitive to low frequencies, thus preventing exessive pumping on bass and other bass-heavy instruments. What an useful feature ! (at least for me). These aren´t stepped controls but standard 1M alpha pots.

Did you use linear pots for this?

mjproc said:
Silvas said:
I left the "limiter response" control on the front. I always wanted a LA2A like this, and i made the right choice. When fully CCW, it is like "flat". When turning CCW, it gets less sensitive to low frequencies, thus preventing exessive pumping on bass and other bass-heavy instruments. What an useful feature ! (at least for me). These aren´t stepped controls but standard 1M alpha pots.

Did you use linear pots for this?

IIRC, Yes. Lin pots.

Nice - this one shot right past me - LA2A is certainly on the build list...sometime...

I can see you now with that drill eating away at those meter holes ;)

livingnote said:
Nice - this one shot right past me - LA2A is certainly on the build list...sometime...

I can see you now with that drill eating away at those meter holes ;)

Damn holes ! i bought some cutter discs for my moto-tool but it´s not that easy on 3mm aluminium.

Silva

Sometimes you can use a hole saw( with dill bit centering fixture ) and drill press or 1/2" shank heavy duty hand drill for those meter holes, then go over them to smooth out some roughness. The hole will generally stay fairly round and the centering fixture kepp the hole saw from jumping around on the surface.

overall great results.

Where did you find those rotary switches for the 100K stepped attenuators ? Those look like ones I've seen on
Ebay , I think. If there are what I think they are , I like the switching torque on those, you don't have to twist them too hard. They use these on the impedance matching switches used in wall junction box home theatre attenuators.

electrochronic said:
Silva

Sometimes you can use a hole saw( with dill bit centering fixture ) and drill press or 1/2" shank heavy duty hand drill for those meter holes, then go over them to smooth out some roughness. The hole will generally stay fairly round and the centering fixture kepp the hole saw from jumping around on the surface.

overall great results.

Where did you find those rotary switches for the 100K stepped attenuators ? Those look like ones I've seen on
Ebay , I think. If there are what I think they are , I like the switching torque on those, you don't have to twist them too hard. They use these on the impedance matching switches used in wall junction box home theatre attenuators.

The rotaries are from a Ebay seller, called haptonpa245, iirc. 10 bucks apiece incl. shipping. Quite good for the price. I like them.

Next time i´ll figure some way to make that holes effortlessly. Thanks for the advice !

Silvas said:

Hi!

Did you use lin or log pots for limiter response?
I've thought I'll place them also on front panel.

Thx,
Paavo

Latest posts

Back