My Dad

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ricardus

WILL SOLDER FOR FOOD
No longer in NY and below the Mason Dixon line.
I normally don't share personal stuff online, but this community has been more than kind and helpful to me since I got very active and back into DIY 4 years ago.

My dad collapsed at a social event on Sunday, and his heart had to be restarted at least 4 times. He never regained consciousness.

They transferred him to the best hospital in the state the same night. Tests only continued to get worse and worse and all organs were failing. He was on a vent.

They will be pulling the vent tube shortly.

It's over.

Sorry to hear, but it sounds like he was active and able to enjoy life right to the end - that may be the best way to go, but difficult for family and friends.

Nothing I can say can lessen your suffering. My mother had similar medical problems two weeks ago. Multiple cardiac arrests and then open chest surgery for a pacemaker. Now everything is working again but the impacts are getting closer. I know some of your feelings and I wish you the strength life demands from you now.

Last edited:
RIP... Enjoy the memory of the years you had together... I lost my father (to cancer) back in the 1950s.

Perhaps a reminder that everybody should embrace our loved ones while we can.

JR

Absolutely, RIP. Please write his first name for remembrance.
My dad put the first tool in my hand, to his later mixed regret and joy.
Mike
My dad's name was Richard, just as mine is.

He was an electronics guy and a huge Heathkit guy and it also responsible for putting a soldering iron in my hand.

Ricardus, I'm sorry for your loss; please accept my deepest condolences. There are a million things all of us here could say, but no words can suffice when it comes to the loss of a father. Like your father, my dear grandfather (who raised me and was the only father I ever knew) was an electronics guy, and the one who got me interested in electronics at age 8 and bought me my first soldering iron when I was 9. The cherished memories of a father's love will always live on in our hearts, and the guiding light of a father’s wisdom and knowledge is a gift that lasts forever.

My prayers are with you as you traverse this difficult period.

Sincerest sympathies Ric,
The second aniversary of my moms passing was the other day , its been a tough couple of years getting all her affairs in order but Im nearly there now .
I'm glad theres enough trust here that people feel ok about sharing personal stuff , baring our soul always comes with risks but also brings the chance of meeting kindness and support.

May we always carry the spirit of the inspirational people in our lives close to our hearts .
David.

Sorry to hear such news. Having been through similar situations with family members. My deepest sympathies as it’s never easy. Over time life starts to get easier but someone that close to you it takes a long time. If we celebrate them they are never really gone. If there is anything we can do for you, reach out.
Take care and his bless.

Last edited:
This is terrible to hear. So sorry for your loss. Remember to take care of yourself during this difficult time, it's easy to forget that.

Be well.

Sorry to hear of your loss. My deepest condolences. Even if words fail to bring healing sometimes. RIP Richard.

Not to burden you but, things are much worse financially than we thought. My dad was an idiot (sorry dad) and his debt is pretty big so there likely won't even be anything left in the estate if after the vultures (debtors) take their shares.

So things are grim because there was hope of having some money for living and maybe even a cheap used car once the estate paid us our shares.

But no.

Anxiety is peaking.

I was executor for my mothers estate when she passed almost 20 years ago.... The good news is she died before she ran out of money, the bad news is she died RIP.

Hint, we all die. Love all you can while still breathing...

JR

Back