name that chip!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dfuruta

I work at a surplus store, and I do a lot of the research on the electronic components we get in (generally, pallets of assorted crap with a few gems).  For the first time in a while, I'm totally stumped by this chip.  It's a pdip-14 package, with no manufacturer logo.  The markings read:
P0149AB

Anyone got any clue what this might be?  It came in with an interesting load of stuff - got two tubes of AD797s out of it for myself (!) - but this one's got me beat.

Attachments

• mystery_chip.jpeg
    mystery_chip.jpeg
    25.1 KB
dfuruta said:
I work at a surplus store, and I do a lot of the research on the electronic components we get in (generally, pallets of assorted crap with a few gems).  For the first time in a while, I'm totally stumped by this chip.  It's a pdip-14 package, with no manufacturer logo.  The markings read:
P0149AB

Anyone got any clue what this might be?  It came in with an interesting load of stuff - got two tubes of AD797s out of it for myself (!) - but this one's got me beat.

It's probably a PAL that was mask or otherwise factory programmed and stamp with a customer part number. In other words, without the board for which it was designed, it's useless.

-a

Interesting, that sounds plausible.  If I remember correctly, this load of parts was from the local office of a well-known manufacturer of precision measuring tools, so perhaps it was intended specifically for one of their machines.

Artsy people like ICs for jewelry & craft projects, so I'll probably try to get rid of them that way - seems like people will buy anything if the price is right...

dfuruta said:
Artsy people like ICs for jewelry & craft projects, so I'll probably try to get rid of them that way

don't do it! I've seen "artsy" jewelry and toys like this sold to kids with electrolytics and everything! People don't give small batteries to kids but this is apparently just fine. In other words, most parents don't know about the lead etc. poisonous content and young enough kids will put any toy in their mouth at some point or another.

Back