Name That Console

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr1200

Back in the late 90's early 00's I used to work in a repair shop. I remember a bunch of consoles that would come in (like one a week almost). They were white-ish (like that weird off white color with some grey mixed in... i could be mis-remembering that though, but def white overall) the knobs had these really ugly pastel colors (pink, lavender, lime green, baby blue etc.) and i remember the knobs being almost mushroom like (but again could be confusing it). The colors are what i remember though and i cant for the life of me remember the brand or model. They weren't modular to my recollection, but kinda like a live console you could use to record at home sort of thing.

There can't be enough Speck's out there to generate one a week? Especially with weird shaped knobs. Vince's stuff was off-white and non-descript, but straight forward with labeling and easy to grab knobs. Built well, and did a great job, can't imagine repair issues.

Gotta be some fadish crap sold by Guitar Center or something.

There can't be enough Speck's out there to generate one a week? Especially with weird shaped knobs. Vince's stuff was off-white and non-descript, but straight forward with labeling and easy to grab knobs. Built well, and did a great job, can't imagine repair issues.

Gotta be some fadish crap sold by Guitar Center or something.
it was definitely sold by either GC or Sam Ash at the time. Someone had mentioned Soundtracks, but it just didn't look right to me.

Back in the late 90's early 00's I used to work in a repair shop. I remember a bunch of consoles that would come in (like one a week almost). They were white-ish (like that weird off white color with some grey mixed in... i could be mis-remembering that though, but def white overall) the knobs had these really ugly pastel colors (pink, lavender, lime green, baby blue etc.) and i remember the knobs being almost mushroom like (but again could be confusing it). The colors are what i remember though and i cant for the life of me remember the brand or model. They weren't modular to my recollection, but kinda like a live console you could use to record at home sort of thing.
So much of this is incredibly familiar. I did a quick search of the usual suspects like Alesis, A&H, Tapco/Mackie, Peavey, and Yamaha, but I couldn't find anything that fit all the criteria. The knob colors you described are what seemed the most familiar, but I don't remember any pieces that had mushroom-like knobs. I'm going to keep digging—this is driving me crazy now.

Allen and Heath made the CMC. Mixer that was all white and had 16 24 and 32 channel mixers with a matrix program assignment and had inline monitor.

Over the years Peavey made any number of light colored mixers for sales into different markets (church, fixed instal etc), some knobs had pastel colored inserts. I don't recall any mushroom shaped knobs.

JR

Back